Trip to DR in January

painkiller

Aug 4, 2009
Hi folks - Wife and I are traveling to DR for couple of weeks in January. Couple of questions.
1 - How's the drive from Puerto Plata to Luperon as we're planning on renting a car (rather than 4x4).
2 - Anyone stay at Luperon beach resort lately???
3 - Anyone stay at BlueBay Villas Doradas lately???

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
The drive to Luperon is not that bad ( use the search i have posted before directions on how to get there from PP) Luperon resort is very quiet if you are looking for different things to do there really isnt. BB is adults only and a lot of fun. Lots of activities and its in Playa Dorada were you have lots of other people to mingle and meet. My choice bb

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hi folks - Wife and I are traveling to DR for couple of weeks in January. Couple of questions.
1 - How's the drive from Puerto Plata to Luperon as we're planning on renting a car (rather than 4x4).
2 - Anyone stay at Luperon beach resort lately???
3 - Anyone stay at BlueBay Villas Doradas lately???

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Based on my experience, I would not feel comfortable recommending the Luperon Beach Resort. Having said that, it would depend on how comfortable one would feel with "camping" so to speak!

hannahleea

Jan 31, 2006
I have stayed at the Luperon Beach Resort four times and will be there again in two weeks and again in March. I love it there. It is not a "fancy" resort, but the people are wonderful and it is a relaxed, comfortable place. Send me a private message if you want more info.

Hannah