Trivia game - with prize

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I cleared this with Rob before doing it, just so you know. :cheeky:

The game is simple. I am going to post 10 questions in this thread, one at a time and at random (no specific times) between now and Wednesday. If you know the answer to the current question send it to me by PM. Once the next question is posted I won't accept answers for the previous question.

The first person to answer the question correctly gets 3 points, the second gets 2 points and the third to answer correctly gets 1 point. The person with the most points at the end wins a copy of our book Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook (available at the DR1 Shop). Needless to say the questions all relate to Dominican culinary.

If at the end of the ten questions there are two or more people tied at the top then they will participate in a next round until all but one are eliminated.

Credit goes to Aunt Ilana for coming up with some of the questions.

You can discuss the answers here if you wish, but I will only count answers received by PM and received on time. The point count will be kept secret until we announce the winner.

Small print: Purchase not necessary. Void where prohibited. Only forum members can participate (duh!). We can cancel the contest or void it if we see fit, we almost certainly won't cause we are nice people. Other assorted legal mumbo-jumbo.

Last edited:

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Will you post ???

Will you post who has placed where in the points??? Just for curiosity sake. Thanks for running this as I would LOVE to have that cookbook. ;)

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Will you post who has placed where in the points??? Just for curiosity sake. Thanks for running this as I would LOVE to have that cookbook. ;)
If I post who's leading other players will be discouraged from participating. By the way, to the person who sent me an email, please notice that only answers sent by PM are valid. Please resend it.

And like Ana said, if you lose then you can always buy it and support Rob's Beer Fund. Non-deductible charity. ;)

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
And like Ana said, if you lose then you can always buy it and support Rob's Beer Fund. Non-deductible charity. ;)[/QUOTE]

If I lose,( which my luck stinks and I never win anything :cry: ), then I will probably buy it but.........Rob can buy his own beer! ;) lol j/k Thanks Rob and Pib for putting this on. I have been trying to make some DR food up here in Canada and from allot of the recipes I have found I am looking forward to this book as well. Have a great one.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thanks, Pib...I hope you keeps this up...it's an awesome idea...btw...I sent you a pm...

Mrs. MQ

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I love this game!!! I can't wait to get my book...finally Tony would have some real Dominican meals to savor!!! ;)

Mrs. MQ

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Funny, just one person has guessed this one right. :)

By the way, in case I didn't make it clear, there's no changing your answer. The first one received is the only valid one. Not that anyone has done it.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
First question:
1. What's the odd one out and why: zapote, molondrones, granadillo, guayaba

Answer:
Molondrones (okra) it's the only one that's not a fruit.

Many guessed this one right, some gave some bizarre reasons, as long as it was legitimate I still accepted the answer.

Second question:
Frijoles in Mexico, judias in Spain, caraotas in Venezuela - what common Dominican food are we talking about?

Answer: habichuelas (beans)
Lots of correct answers too.

So, how are you doing?