TV Via Internet

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
15513 tv channels - 98607 movies - 17594 TV series
I'm sure those channels and movies are including all the channels from all the countries worldwide. I take out the countries that most people won't be watching. Which leaves about 10k English channels, 40k English movies and 4k English series.

Reactions: JD Jones and pas

pas

Jun 7, 2004
Post the link - because I do not think it exists
It's in the private mesage
I'm sure those channels and movies are including all the channels from all the countries worldwide. I take out the countries that most people won't be watching. Which leaves about 10k English channels, 40k English movies and 4k English series.
Yes your correct it's world wide

pas

Jun 7, 2004
screenshot_20220531-163619_iptv-smarters-pro-jpg.5725
screenshot_20220531-163626_iptv-smarters-pro-jpg.5726
screenshot_20220531-163640_iptv-smarters-pro-jpg.5727

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Iff you read gregs post 30 corectly , hè gets it also From china
My post didn't say i get it from China. I did trace it once and it seemed to be coming from the Netherlands. I don't own the system, I only resell subscriptions. I said I had tried many before.. nothing about China though.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
It's illegal in the netherlands and in most countrys, so big change it goes tru china

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
15513 tv channels - 98607 movies - 17594 TV series
Apparently I have 16400 channels if I was to enable the entire world in the package. But there's nothing more annoying that having to scroll past news, kids, entertainment, etc for 118 countries before you get to the country you want. That's why I typically enable just US, Canada and UK for people. And the Latino package for those from this board. Worldwide movies I have about 62,000, (38000 in English) and I have 4149 English series. Total episodes in series worldwide, (including English and non English) is 260k episodes. But like I said, i find it more annoying to have to scroll through the countries you're never going to watch to get to what you want to view. I don't want to have to scroll past Afghanistan, Pakistan and Mongolian TV groups to get to the stuff from England. Luckily my service does always list the US stuff at the top though.. no scrolling for that.

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
I like the sound of that...."unverified"
But unless you're in England where the BBC taxes people to watch TV or have Internet, I wouldn't concern myself. Especially wouldn't concern myself if you're in the DR. I would be more concerned in the DR that my internet connection was going to be able to handle the streams.

So is this service even legal...................or "unverified."

Respectf

Reactions: NanSanPedro

ejl293

May 29, 2012
I signed up for Greg's service. He could not have been more helpful! Thank you again for guiding me through set-up!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Greg, These always have an upgrade system to add new content. Forgive me if posted earlier as I have not read all of the posts. But how does your upgrade system work?

Feb 7, 2007
I'm assuming he means there are cheaper TV subscriptions. But I will tell you this.. It took me a long time to find this service that I sell that has not only the amount of shows and movies and channels but the shows and categories so well arranged and that the service itself is stable where everything almost (99.5% of the time) always works. I tried many services before , none of which I would have even considered selling to people because i was sure there would have been too many complaints and unhappy customers. The service I sell now, rarely have a complaint. One guy used to complain occasionally, then he got a faster internet line, haven't heard a complaint since. It was his slow line all along.

If you want to sell more in the DR or Central America, you need to improve compression on your codec or implement H265 compression. Your HD1080 must be able to work on the same compression as Netflix with maximum 4 Mbps and 720p on 2.5 Mbps, 480p on 1.5 Mbps. Most of the pirate IPTV systems (yes the system offered by OP is pirate) to reduce overhead do not use compression and instead retransmit raw streams as they capture them off the cable TV boxes in worldwide locations. That makes your connection to be saturated. We know many expats live in non-urban areas (fincas, campos, etc.) where fiber optics is not available, not even DSL. 90% of the DR Internet population still runs on 5 Mbps or less. If your system is bandwidth hogger, you will get complaints from users. And also ISPs do behind the curtains traffic shaping because they cannot afford pirate IPTV systems to hog their network resources of ISPs and they take countermeasures. If you want to improve your service, you need to invest in compression technology and make FHD 1080p use no more than 4 Mbps. Right now pirate IPTV systems consume on average 8-10 Mbps. Which, if you were my customer you would be traffic shaped to improve your internet connection user experience and to not hog my network resources. In such case you would get a 720p stream if the stream is dynamic multi-bit-rate and your quality would be adjusted accordingly, or if it is hardcoded bitrate you would see the rolling wheel and stream freezing.

Reactions: pas and Bred

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
If you want to sell more in the DR or Central America, you need to improve compression on your codec or implement H265 compression. Your HD1080 must be able to work on the same compression as Netflix with maximum 4 Mbps and 720p on 2.5 Mbps, 480p on 1.5 Mbps. Most of the pirate IPTV systems (yes the system offered by OP is pirate) to reduce overhead do not use compression and instead retransmit raw streams as they capture them off the cable TV boxes in worldwide locations. That makes your connection to be saturated. We know many expats live in non-urban areas (fincas, campos, etc.) where fiber optics is not available, not even DSL. 90% of the DR Internet population still runs on 5 Mbps or less. If your system is bandwidth hogger, you will get complaints from users. And also ISPs do behind the curtains traffic shaping because they cannot afford pirate IPTV systems to hog their network resources of ISPs and they take countermeasures. If you want to improve your service, you need to invest in compression technology and make FHD 1080p use no more than 4 Mbps. Right now pirate IPTV systems consume on average 8-10 Mbps. Which, if you were my customer you would be traffic shaped to improve your internet connection user experience and to not hog my network resources. In such case you would get a 720p stream if the stream is dynamic multi-bit-rate and your quality would be adjusted accordingly, or if it is hardcoded bitrate you would see the rolling wheel and stream freezing.
You're absolutely right, the live TV streams do hog the network because they are restreamed exactly as they are broadcast. the reason netflix can stream at 2.5 or 4 is because they are streaming things that have been saved on servers in a compressed format already. To do that with every live tv channel from around the world would be next to impossible unless you had entire farms of processors using h265 compression convertors and even then it would take time and your live tv would be delayed. If you didnt notice, the cable companies don't even do it and they are doing video over IP these days. I'm sure they would love to use less bandwidth but it's not that easy to compress a thousand streams at once. netflix also uses "hls" streaming where they give you lower and lower quality video if you have a slow line.

The movies and series sections that I offer are pre compressed and take up less bandwidth. Also, most popular series that are currently on primetime TV do get compressed and added to the series sections within a week or 2 of airing. so for those who watch the popular series but have low bandwidth, you can get most of them if you just wait it out a little while.

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Greg, These always have an upgrade system to add new content. Forgive me if posted earlier as I have not read all of the posts. But how does your upgrade system work?
I'm not the owner of the system I just have a resell panel, I personally don't do upgrades or have access to the actual video servers, but they are constantly adding content. movies and series and episodes to current series get added every few days (for the US stuff).

Feb 7, 2007
You're absolutely right, the live TV streams do hog the network because they are restreamed exactly as they are broadcast. the reason netflix can stream at 2.5 or 4 is because they are streaming things that have been saved on servers in a compressed format already. To do that with every live tv channel from around the world would be next to impossible unless you had entire farms of processors using h265 compression convertors and even then it would take time and your live tv would be delayed. If you didnt notice, the cable companies don't even do it and they are doing video over IP these days. I'm sure they would love to use less bandwidth but it's not that easy to compress a thousand streams at once. netflix also uses "hls" streaming where they give you lower and lower quality video if you have a slow line.

The movies and series sections that I offer are pre compressed and take up less bandwidth. Also, most popular series that are currently on primetime TV do get compressed and added to the series sections within a week or 2 of airing. so for those who watch the popular series but have low bandwidth, you can get most of them if you just wait it out a little while.

Yes but there is one little but important difference :) Cable companies use multicast for their in-network IPTV service (Claro TV) whereas the OTT IPTV restream service is unicast. Additionally, thy are transmitting in-network, as opposed to outside of network over the Internet. And even for IPTV OTT services in USA (Hulu
+, Youtube TV, Sling, etc.) the bandwidth is cheap in the USA.

I am paying 25,000 USD per month for a 10-gig IP transit link in the DR, while the same 10-gig IP transit cost 800 USD in the US (and even as low as 500 for a 24 month contract). A US ISP does not care about a customer prolongedly using lots of bandwidth on subscriber's connection, in the DR we care. Because a customer with 10 Mbps line using 10 Mbps every evening costs me 25 USD just in bandwidth cost per month, while a regular customer (who sometimes streams, sometimes chats, instagram, FB, etc.) costs me on average 4 to 5 USD in bandwidth costs per month on the same 10 Mbps plan. If I charge a customer 20 - 25 USD per month (that's the average 10 Mbps residential plan cost in the DR, accounting for at least a 1:10 oversubscription rate), I prefer to such IPTV user "let go" and find service elsewhere (if he finds it). Or such a bandwidth hogging user can get from me a 20 meg dedicated line for 100 USD and we call it day (and that's "I'm doing you a favor" rate). That's also the reason why Claro had been cancelling subscriber lines that consume lots of data per month, and they have been doing it for over 1 year now.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm not the owner of the system I just have a resell panel, I personally don't do upgrades or have access to the actual video servers, but they are constantly adding content. movies and series and episodes to current series get added every few days (for the US stuff).
And on the plus side, you can watch TV series on the "non network" side where each series is grouped together and watch them when you want with no commercials. A BIG plus!

Reactions: gregvolt

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Yes but there is one little but important difference :) Cable companies use multicast for their in-network IPTV service (Claro TV) whereas the OTT IPTV restream service is unicast. Additionally, thy are transmitting in-network, as opposed to outside of network over the Internet. And even for IPTV OTT services in USA (Hulu
+, Youtube TV, Sling, etc.) the bandwidth is cheap in the USA.

I am paying 25,000 USD per month for a 10-gig IP transit link in the DR, while the same 10-gig IP transit cost 800 USD in the US (and even as low as 500 for a 24 month contract). A US ISP does not care about a customer prolongedly using lots of bandwidth on subscriber's connection, in the DR we care. Because a customer with 10 Mbps line using 10 Mbps every evening costs me 25 USD just in bandwidth cost per month, while a regular customer (who sometimes streams, sometimes chats, instagram, FB, etc.) costs me on average 4 to 5 USD in bandwidth costs per month on the same 10 Mbps plan. If I charge a customer 20 - 25 USD per month (that's the average 10 Mbps residential plan cost in the DR, accounting for at least a 1:10 oversubscription rate), I prefer to such IPTV user "let go" and find service elsewhere (if he finds it). Or such a bandwidth hogging user can get from me a 20 meg dedicated line for 100 USD and we call it day (and that's "I'm doing you a favor" rate). That's also the reason why Claro had been cancelling subscriber lines that consume lots of data per month, and they have been doing it for over 1 year now.
I'll have to take your word for it on the pricing for gigabit lines in the DR. but I definitely believe it.. they overcharge for everything technical there.