Two agents suspended for Police brutality; push for Police director questioning continues

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Eduardo-Alberto-Then-El-Caribe-1-1024x614.png
Major Eduardo Alberto Then / El Caribe

The National Police announced the suspending of two police agents accused of beating up 19-year old Juan Rosario Méndez in Villas Agricolas, in Santo Domingo province. The Police invited the Public Prosecutor’s Office to investigate the case. The announcement came after the video of the beating circulated on social media. The Police called the action by the police agents “unacceptable.”

The Police says Sergeant José Luis Paulino and Private Kenny Feliz Paniagua were suspended from duty and are being investigated by the police internal control agencies and are at the disposal of the Public Prosecutor’s Office, when required.

The incident occurred in the early hours of Sunday on Máximo Gómez Avenue corner of San Juan de la Maguana street in northern santo Domingo.

In a press release, Major General Eduardo Alberto Then, director...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Good news. They beat the living daylights out of that kid.

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Yes!!! They must do something about police brutality...
I a see so many disturbing videos on the social media.
The president knows very well about this, I recently watched an interview where he spoke about his concerns and the plans they have to right this Cancer in the policía Nacional.

JJ

Reactions: Lafcadio

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am so sure the teenager was a respectful honor student and a bastion of principles. I am not advocating police brutality but my doctrine has always been to let the P.D handle their business. They know who the bandits are.

Reactions: thompstr

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am so sure the teenager was a respectful honor student and a bastion of principles. I am not advocating police brutality but my doctrine has always been to let the P.D handle their business. They know who the bandits are.
The PN here are dirty and it's been that way for a generation now. They operate more like a street gang than a police force. The fact you can't seem to wrap your head around this fact makes it painfully obvious you know next nothing when it comes to how they conduct themselves in public or how treat the average lower/ middle working class Dominicans. It's a criminal organization plagued with corruption. It should be disbanded and completely restarted from scratch.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
I think this article suggested they got bodycams or dashcams? It's not very clear. Let's see how this works out here.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The PN here are dirty and it's been that way for a generation now. They operate more like a street gang than a police force. The fact you can't seem to wrap your head around this fact makes it painfully obvious you know next nothing when it comes to how they conduct themselves in public or how treat the average lower/ middle working class Dominicans. It's a criminal organization plagued with corruption. It should be disbanded and completely restarted from scratch.
Well Sir, as I have said in the past. I agree with almost all of your posts. This one I totally disagree with. I have almost zero contact with the P.D here. I have thrown a few pesos their way after a traffic stop and that's about it. I would venture to say that most of the people that have contact with the P.D are not businessmen and \or hardworking average citizens. They are involved in domestic assaults, thieves, drunks and drug dealers. When someone calls the PD because a man is beating his wife\spouse or stealing and then resists arrest and gets a major league beat down, that is not the fault of the P.D. Why is it the Zona Colonial area is so safe? Because there is a Officer on every corner. When the P.D goes into a barrio to restore order and confiscate loud booming stereos and people interfere with their mission, well of course they are going to feel the wrath of the PD and justifiably so.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Big

Apr 24, 2019
body cameras are a good tool. Issue every lawman one i say. Nothing like watching a lawman telling a disorderly drunk blocking a bodega to move on and getting the "I know my rights" and "you aint sheet" sermon. Then the clown gets arrested and resists arrest. Once the video is viewed the derelict is just another ....well derelict

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
body cameras are a good tool. Issue every lawman one i say. Nothing like watching a lawman telling a disorderly drunk blocking a bodega to move on and getting the "I know my rights" and "you aint sheet" sermon. Then the clown gets arrested and resists arrest. Once the video is viewed the derelict is just another ....well derelict

I don't know about here, but in the USA most cops like them. More often than not, they're accused of BS they didn't do. Here, I'm not so sure because of a different culture.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well Sir, as I have said in the past. I agree with almost all of your posts. This one I totally disagree with. I have almost zero contact with the P.D here. I have thrown a few pesos their way after a traffic stop and that's about it. I would venture to say that most of the people that have contact with the P.D are not businessmen and \or hardworking average citizens. They are involved in domestic assaults, thieves, drunks and drug dealers. When someone calls the PD because a man is beating his wife\spouse or stealing and then resists arrest and gets a major league beat down, that is not the fault of the P.D. Why is it the Zona Colonial area is so safe? Because there is a Officer on every corner. When the P.D goes into a barrio to restore order and confiscate loud booming stereos and people interfere with their mission, well of course they are going to feel the wrath of the PD and justifiably so.
Like I said, you know next to nothing.
If this were true do you honestly think I would care if they were
only behaving like criminals towards other known criminals?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Like I said, you know next to nothing.
If this were true do you honestly think I would care if they were
only behaving like criminals towards other known criminals?
I know next to nothing?? I am a businessman in this country and have almost zero contact with the PD, no one I associate with has scraps with the PD. May I ask why you have had such bad experiences with the Police to form such an anti-police view.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I would venture to say that most of the people that have contact with the P.D are not businessmen and \or hardworking average citizens. They are involved in domestic assaults, thieves, drunks and drug dealers. When someone calls the PD because a man is beating his wife\spouse or stealing and then resists arrest and gets a major league beat down, that is not the fault of the P.D.
Simple and correct.

Adding prostitute to the list

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I know next to nothing?? I am a businessman in this country and have almost zero contact with the PD, no one I associate with has scraps with the PD. May I ask why you have had such bad experiences with the Police to form such an anti-police view.
I am a business man in this country as well. What on earth does this have to do
with the behavior of criminals? Why did I have bad experiences? For starters, I'm
not with being extorted or paying bribes under the threat of arbitrary arrest while
minding my own business so I chose on 4 different occasions to spend the night in
a jail cell rather than become someone's personal ATM machine. You have just been
extremely lucky in opinion and obviously don't do much walking when you down here.
The stories I could tell from incidents I've witnessed living here the last 10 years could
easily make for a documentary.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am a business man in this country as well. What on earth does this have to do
with the behavior of criminals? Why did I have bad experiences? For starters, I'm
not with being extorted or paying bribes under the threat of arbitrary arrest while
minding my own business so I chose on 4 different occasions to spend the night in
a jail cell rather than become someone's personal ATM machine. You have just been
extremely lucky in opinion and obviously don't do much walking when you down here.
The stories I could tell from incidents I've witnessed living here the last 10 years could
easily make for a documentary.
I walk regularly from the colonial zone through Gazcue to Bella Vista. I ride my bicycle all over. I walk in and around the North Coast. Never once have I EVER been stopped while walking. I will say I do not look like a biker, a rapper or an easy mark.You say on 4 different occasions you spent the not in jail. Man that sounds strange and is most unfortunate.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I walk regularly from the colonial zone through Gazcue to Bella Vista. I ride my bicycle all over. I walk in and around the North Coast. Never once have I EVER been stopped while walking. I will say I do not look like a biker, a rapper or an easy mark.You say on 4 different occasions you spent the not in jail. Man that sounds strange and is most unfortunate.
Once again, the criteria stand. I feel, based on my personal experiences over 18 years, the criteria seldom fail. To be honest i had an altercation with a neighbor about his ranch hand's reckless 4-wheel driving in front of my house that did not turn out well for me. I have since bookmarked this event as a lessons learned.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
concur ...