UPS model compatible with Inverter

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
timarnett said:
so can anyone tell me where I can buy an Omega DR-650 in Santo Domingo, the first post in this thread asks that, but no one seems to have been able to answer this so far, the usual computer suppliers do not have them.
Thanks in anticipation.
They seem to be quite common around here on the North coast, so, if you don't get any results from your question, send me a PM on Tuesday, and we'll get in touch with the local PC store in town, find who the distributor is, and phone them, to find out who they are supplying in Santo Domingo.
If that isn't a solution, I suppose we could buy you one here and send it down to you by Caribe Tours.
You might land up wasting 20 or 30 bucks in the transaction, but if that resolves your problem and there's no other way, we could get it done.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have not read the whole thread, but it seems to me that a UPS is superfluous if you have a good inverter + a voltage regulator.

We run six computers that way. If the lights go out, the inverter kicks in instantaneously (only the computers and two low wattage bulbs) and the computers don't even know it.

then we have the genset, and all is right with the world...:p

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hillbilly said:
I have not read the whole thread, but it seems to me that a UPS is superfluous if you have a good inverter + a voltage regulator.

We run six computers that way. If the lights go out, the inverter kicks in instantaneously (only the computers and two low wattage bulbs) and the computers don't even know it.

then we have the genset, and all is right with the world...:p

HB
You may have a quicker switching inverter than we do, like Andrea9k, who has a Trace/Xantrex model, made specifically to switch over quickly, and supply PC's without shut downs.
I have a DR3624, and with the existing load, it is not quick enough for the PC's.
It may work 9 times out of 10, but with so many power failures around here, we would crash PC's 2 or 3 times per week, and land up trashing hard drives.
PS: The greater the load on an inverter, the slower it's switchover time.