Urgent!!! Need Help, Will Visit Santiago Soon

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Nelly said:
very interesting Jack...you should post a photo in the media gallery for all the ladies to admire :)

Actually, I do have one in the members gallery. But, that's not really the point. In all seriousness, it was just my way of letting her know how much I really admire her spunk.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
married2dominicano_fl said:
lol... its just incredible!!!!!! We come in for advise and leave with a bad taste of a forum that is dedicated for travel. (suggestive to frustration, which by no means was succesful as I am relaxed!!! but would love to see some light in the tunel and be able to fulfill my reservations ... thanks!

Don't worry, it gets better.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you don't like Platino, then forget Ambar....it is useful for cheap stays, but I don't think I would recommend it to many people. It is on the busiest avenue in Santiago, it is near some of the dirtiest barrios in Santiago, and has no class whatsoever.

The remodoled hotel is on a quiet side street of downtown Santiago (Mella) just a few dozen meters from Sol Street.

There, the rooms are small, but well appointed. Staff has alsways been very nice, and the restaurant was pretty well known for years before remodeling.

Part of the problem will be pacifying the family. Therefore, go to the Gran Almirante where you know that everything should be perfect.

HB :D:D

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Before making any reservations call the Gran Almirante and speak with reservations manager ask for your IATA discount.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
A.J. said:
Before making any reservations call the Gran Almirante and speak with reservations manager ask for your IATA discount.

Now that you mention it, it should work for flights discounts too right?

Dec 4, 2005
Wow ! Wow ! Wow !

la_barbie said:
Travel Agent, my ass...

How can a barbie have such a dirty mouth??? Definetly don't want my kids playing with barbies like these...

I am a travel agent just for one destination ,, Orlando. My business consist of hotel and ticket wholesale (for those interested in Orlando destination packages, keep my contact). As a travel wholesale company, I don't need IATA certification or membership.

Once I select the hotel, I will definetly be in contact with the res mgr to negotiate the price and maybe enter some trade for some of the nights. I think Gran Almirante looks like the winner. I saw pics of the Platino, and really not interested. Amber doesn't have great reviews either.

You guys have been great!!!!!!!!!!! and for the ones who haven't contributed with relevant info, thanks also.

Dec 4, 2005
Bad, Bad, Bad Boy

jackquontee said:
Actually, I do have one in the members gallery. But, that's not really the point. In all seriousness, it was just my way of letting her know how much I really admire her spunk.

Give the ladies some love!!! hehe, let them see some pictures. Give some visual content to spice the forum. LOL

Forums are in!!! few get travel info, some get flirtateous and others don't get further accomplishment than to login as their feedback is irrelevant contribution.

Does everyone here have a profile w/ pic and info just like yahoo, msn, etc?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Does everyone here have a profile w/ pic and info just like yahoo, msn, etc?

We have a media galery on the home page and we have an old thread as to where members are from. You need to hang around 5 or 6 years to learn all about the members. ;)

BTW welcome to dr1

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Flight discounts went out of fashion (for the most part) with good commissions. Depends on the carrier, some lower cost airlines offer them but on stand by basis only - and with the way flights are filling up these days it is hard to take advanatage of the few you can use.

Dec 4, 2005
Well, I was able to find some kind of "deals" if I fly to SDQ. Honestly, I was trying to avoid renting a car as I really don't know much about fares in DR (DR is considered International and I don't seem to find much info). Prefer STI, but in the end I'll end up @ SDQ

Anna: Thanks for the welcome note ,,,

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Nelly said:
Good grief. This is the travel forum. Please save the rude comments for Sanky101. She is asking for hotel recommendations. If you don't know of any, then why post at all.
touch? !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well, I was able to find some kind of "deals" if I fly to SDQ. Honestly, I was trying to avoid renting a car as I really don't know much about fares in DR (DR is considered International and I don't seem to find much info). Prefer STI, but in the end I'll end up @ SDQ

Anna: Thanks for the welcome note ,,,

If you've never been to the DR I wouldn't recommend driving yourself. The drivers are crazy to say the least and you need time to get used to that. If you land in SD get on a nice air-conditioned bus for less than 10 bucks and it's about two hours to Santiago and you get to see the countryside for free.

Here's the link for Caribe Tours

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Dumb question

What ever happened to Matum?

I have not been over that hill in so long I just assumed it was still there.

Dec 4, 2005
His fam offered to pick me up from the Airport. I'll be exhausted! Feels like I'm flying to Europe. Orlando-Ft.Lauderdale-Santo Domingo-+2 hr drive. hehe

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
A.J. said:
Dumb question

What ever happened to Matum?

I have not been over that hill in so long I just assumed it was still there.

it's still there.... i stayed there once... felt like staying in a castle filled
with ghosts.... freaky.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
How can a barbie have such a dirty mouth??? Definetly don't want my kids playing with barbies like these...
That was me being nice...