US Citizens in Samana Meeting

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
I am an eternal optimist

but unless you drew pictures using crayons I do not think the Dominicans get the seriousness of an ex-pat getting kidnapped.

It is too easy of a crime, takes no brain power, just evil.

I appreciate Andy_B?s optimism, and I hope this never happens again, but ?Initial evidence was not strong enough to prevent their release? is Dominican for ?They had the money and know several corrupt officials?.

What frustrates me about the DR lately is that every local knows who the bad guys are, just nobody does anything. The catch-22 is that nobody does anything because they all know the majority of officials are corrupt and/or do not care.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
American Influence

More often than not deportees (some 4,000 already this year) are involved in serious crimes here, most of them are drug related.
The settling of 'cuentas' almost always has something to do with some 'business' in the US.
The US can't be blamed for that, but the circumstances in Miami, the Bronx, etc. seem to have a great influence on developments in this country.

Janin

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
More often than not deportees (some 4,000 already this year) are involved in serious crimes here, most of them are drug related.
The settling of 'cuentas' almost always has something to do with some 'business' in the US.
The US can't be blamed for that, but the circumstances in Miami, the Bronx, etc. seem to have a great influence on developments in this country.

Janin

Remember, Washington Heights has more of an influx of drugs coming in than the Bronx. Just an FYI.

The Bronx is more of a Puerto Rican thing.;)

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Violent Crime pays.....

but unless you drew pictures using crayons I do not think the Dominicans get the seriousness of an ex-pat getting kidnapped.

It is too easy of a crime, takes no brain power, just evil.

I appreciate Andy_B?s optimism, and I hope this never happens again, but ?Initial evidence was not strong enough to prevent their release? is Dominican for ?They had the money and know several corrupt officials?.

What frustrates me about the DR lately is that every local knows who the bad guys are, just nobody does anything. The catch-22 is that nobody does anything because they all know the majority of officials are corrupt and/or do not care.

I feel as you do, gmiller. It brings to mind a case 10 years ago, where a German couple were butchered (she was raped for 3 days before killed) by their hired hand, Martin. They lived next door to the Rash residence. Martin got, I believe 30 years without chance of parole. He was realeased earlier this year, and was one of those picked up for questioning in the Susan Rash case. Word on the street has it, his family paid $60K to spring him. Anyway he is out, and a know violent criminal. German Embassy was very involved in this case and made certain the Criminal got his full sentence. So much for Dominican Justice...We need a Charles Bronson type character, like in the movie Death Wish.......;)

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
... So much for Dominican Justice...We need a Charles Bronson type character, like in the movie Death Wish.......;)
I think that sums it all...
Maybe Candelier will come back... Maybe... Maybe not...

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
SamanaJon

That is sickening.

Now back to my frustration. Someone knows these corrupt scumbags who got this guy out of the last place he should ever see.

I would send them all to hell. No moral fiber, no integrity then to hell.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

That is exactly it. In many cases the bad guys are protected by people in elevated political or military positions and the honest law enforcers lower down the ranks remain silent for fear of repercussions on their own families. And there are honest police, fiscals and judges but they are fighting a loosing battle it would seem.

I remember the case of the German couple, SamanaJon. Appalled to learn that the sentence of the Court was thwarted.