US continues to prepare for arrival of UN forces

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
The armed gangs are used to push around unarmed, frightened civilians. A secure base, with machine gun emplacements manned by troops, snipers posted, claymores on the perimeter.....not the games the gangs are accustomed to.
Not going to happen ! These times are over my friend. The world became way to woke. Just imagine... this pure inocent, mailnourished gangmembers get hurt by an "invading force", this would look pretty bad on CNN.

Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The armed gangs are used to pushing around unarmed, frightened civilians. A secure base, with machine gun emplacements manned by troops, snipers posted, claymores on the perimeter.....not the games the gangs are accustomed to.
Zero chance these low-level gangsters are going to engage a legitimate armed landing party. A qualified company decked out in full battle rattle will turn Haitian gangsters into mulch before lunch. Unless of course they sprinkle politics into the mix. In that case the troops will just sleep at the airport for a few weeks and fly out.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
What you and CR wrote is 100% accurate. However, even if they didn't use it for Haiti, they would waste it somewhere else. Such is govt.
Like they did after the 2011 quake, according to one documentary I watched; US corporations received aid money.
And what did they do with this $$?, built parks and soccer fields; and left the residents with no modern plumbing.o_O

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Like they did after the 2011 quake, according to one documentary I watched; US corporations received aid money.
And what did they do with this $$?, built parks and soccer fields; and left the residents with no modern plumbing.o_O
It was an orchestra without a conductor. Disconnected islands of best wishes.

Reactions: Sunbiz1 and aarhus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The armed gangs are used to pushing around unarmed, frightened civilians. A secure base, with machine gun emplacements manned by troops, snipers posted, claymores on the perimeter.....not the games the gangs are accustomed to.
Cool. So the Kenyans will just stay there and never leave their base. So none will ever be killed. Sounds like a plan.

Reactions: Manuel01

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Cool. So the Kenyans will just stay there and never leave their base. So none will ever be killed. Sounds like a plan.
Not entirely true. Certainly they will drive in their bullet proofed trucks to some brothels once in while and bill the UN (mostly american taxpayers) a few million $US a Day for it. Look what these "UN Workers" did yesterday in Gaza.
The UN is the most useless and corrupt organisation on Earth.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
That’s actually a good question. What’s the plan when they are there and they have stopped the gangs from roaming around freely. If that is possible

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Whatever the plan is, it won't work.
I actually think maybe they should stick with just one group of soldiers. Or two. When it starts being a multinational force from very different countries it gets confusing and I don’t think they can work together. Just the Kenyans and Jamaicans maybe backed by the Americans sounds good.

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
It was much more than that JD. You had evil assholes stealing money from the desititute and homeless. Lower than whale shit.
That history goes back to the 19th century, when the French forced Haiti to pay a huge sum for their independence.
At the same time, the DR was literally blessed with a gold mine!(I think it's north of Santiago?); it's also their number 1 export.
It's nice to see medical supplies being the DR's number 2 export, indicating a pretty healthy economy.
Back on topic, just wishing this Haiti situation would somehow(am doubtful)get resolved.
NATO could care less about Haiti, however this time they are doing it to keep BRICS nations out of the Caribbean; mainly China.
So the motivation factor to do it right is at a high level, just like it was in the 1960's; when the U.S occupied the DR for 2 years.
It took a long time for things to straighten out, I saw residents in Jarabacoa still burning tires in 1984; and there were a lot more Dominican Army checkpoints due to civil unrest.
Thankfully, that was all over by my second visit in the 90's.
:)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That history goes back to the 19th century, when the French forced Haiti to pay a huge sum for their independence.
At the same time, the DR was literally blessed with a gold mine!(I think it's north of Santiago?); it's also their number 1 export.
It's nice to see medical supplies being the DR's number 2 export, indicating a pretty healthy economy.
Back on topic, just wishing this Haiti situation would somehow(am doubtful)get resolved.
NATO could care less about Haiti, however this time they are doing it to keep BRICS nations out of the Caribbean; mainly China.
So the motivation factor to do it right is at a high level, just like it was in the 1960's; when the U.S occupied the DR for 2 years.
It took a long time for things to straighten out, I saw residents in Jarabacoa still burning tires in 1984; and there were a lot more Dominican Army checkpoints due to civil unrest.
Thankfully, that was all over by my second visit in the 90's.
:)

US forces stuck around for 2 years in the DR? Oh my. I hope the Kenyans are patient.

If the Silk Road Initiative included Haiti, you might see more US interest.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It was much more than that JD. You had evil assholes stealing money from the destitute and homeless. Lower than whale shit.
This is normal.
Happens in every single one of these situations.
Some steal more, some steal less.