US Policy on Haiti

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The Biden Administration has already changed one aspect of US policy on Haiti by extending the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) of Haitians in the United States

There was a hearing in front of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs which ended with a summary letter of policy recommendations to Secretary of State Blinken

Here is the video of the hearing -

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
The Biden Administration has already changed one aspect of US policy on Haiti by extending the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) of Haitians in the United States

There was a hearing in front of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs which ended with a summary letter of policy recommendations to Secretary of State Blinken

Here is the video of the hearing -
starts a minute 15

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
See at hour 1:08 - from New Jersey - on the military? Are the Ambassadors of other countries speaking out?

It would seem to me that the Ambassador from the Dominican Republic ought to be the one who has the most interest in being heard by this committee - which is the House Foreign Affairs Committee

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
That response - from the Ambassador - who also served throughout Africa - speaks to the question of Haiti & her recognition of Taiwan rather than China - (Haiti is one of 7 countries that does not recognize "Red" China) - and China's incursion?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
OK- I have been called on my a dear Haitian friend to help them keep connected with news from the US and "advise" - so I will just leave that there for any of the few who might be interested as I have a lot of other work to do... abrazos