USA Criminal Record ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
The only problem with the registeries is the act of registration though. Remeber that poor little girl that got kidnapped and murdered a few months ago? Her name was Jessica and she was killed by someone who was "supposed" to register as a sex offender. I love my country but I wish the current administration would step it up a notch with all of the sexual predators, sickos, deviants, pedophiles, etc. I would suggest castration and an hour alone with the victim's family ... plus firearms and sharp objects. But some would say that is a bit Draconian.
I agree, I hope the administration does something about registering or monitoring all those criminals the US is shipping to your country every Wednesday. It's most likely that these criminals will return to a life of crime, since the employment opportunities will most likely be bleak in the DR. I heard that US gov't deportation policy of ex-cons is devastating the island of Jamaica.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Too Bad

Ricardo900 said:
I agree, I hope the administration does something about registering or monitoring all those criminals the US is shipping to your country every Wednesday. It's most likely that these criminals will return to a life of crime, since the employment opportunities will most likely be bleak in the DR. I heard that US gov't deportation policy of ex-cons is devastating the island of Jamaica.

Yea its a bad thing that they deport the bad apples and send them home, I have read that the Jamican's are not doing the US any good either. Same goes for the DR or anywhere else. If you want to move someplace else then you need to abide by the laws of where your living! And don't cry when if you screw up you have to leave.

Some of them do return to their old ways, and some don't. I happen to work with a couple of deporte's from the usa, and of course they did not deserve the deportation, as they were perm residents. One lived there from the time he was 3 until he was 25, 3 kilos of coke in trunk of the car. but natch not his was a buddys car. Don't want deported? get off the residency wagon, and get the citizenship, then they can't deport you.

Don't feel sorry for the Deporte's, you play you pay :tired:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
But!

HOWMAR said:
Not correct if the person was to be deported upon his release from prison or chose deportation as part of a plea agreement. The weekly flights into SD are dumping hundreds of released felons in the DR every month.
You can assume that any Dominican residing in the DR after living in the US for a period of time is either back with a comfortable pension or was deported. He certainly is not back for the robust Dominican job market.
But if I read the OP post correctly, she mentioned that she thought that he had several charges against him. Maybe, just maybe he served time BEFORE they passed the "deportation" law and had to register. Just maybe.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
miguel said:
But if I read the OP post correctly, she mentioned that she thought that he had several charges against him. Maybe, just maybe he served time BEFORE they passed the "deportation" law and had to register. Just maybe.
I already added the "if" to what you originally said. There is no need to add an "if" to my "if" as that takes us back to your original statement which nobody questioned. I think Mr. Mike has you gun shy.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

HOWMAR said:
I already added the "if" to what you originally said. There is no need to add an "if" to my "if" as that takes us back to your original statement which nobody questioned. I think Mr. Mike has you gun shy.
True.

MrMike who?. Not even an army can make me gun shy, lol.

Anyways, back to important things:

Amy, why don't you send a PM to DominicanScotty, he works as a correctional officer and maybe he can help you.

Good luck.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
miguel said:
True.

MrMike who?. Not even an army can make me gun shy, lol.

Anyways, back to important things:

Amy, why don't you send a PM to DominicanScotty, he works as a correctional officer and maybe he can help you.

Good luck.

I may try that too ..... now all I gotta do is find this guys full name!! That may be harder than finding out if he has a record or not.

Thanks to everyone for all the info.

Stay well,
Amy

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
amy2761 said:
I may try that too ..... now all I gotta do is find this guys full name!! That may be harder than finding out if he has a record or not.

Thanks to everyone for all the info.

Stay well,
Amy
you don't even know his last name? is he a member of dr1? does he or one of his friends have a computer? take my previous posted advice.. before you bite off more than you can chew...eventually if this guy is what you suspect..he'll do it again.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
paddy said:
you don't even know his last name? is he a member of dr1? does he or one of his friends have a computer? take my previous posted advice.. before you bite off more than you can chew...eventually if this guy is what you suspect..he'll do it again.

I don't suspect that he's a member of DR1 - I wouldn't have posted here if I thought he is. And I don't know any of his friends, besides his wife and child.

This is something I heard over 2 years ago, from a lady in Cabarete who is no longer here - he has no way of knowing that I know her.

I could mention what he does for a living then most of the people who live in Sosua will know who I'm talking about .... I'm not looking for trouble, I just want to know if the stand-offishness that I display when I'm around him (which is very seldom, maybe once every three months) is neccessary.

Stay well,
Amy

P.S. Although I do appreciate the concern, THAT is one of the reasons I posted here. We live in a fairly large community here, very few of which are decent people, as Marco says, you gotta know who the riff raff are otherwise you'll end up being rammed up your @ss.

Last edited:

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
I guess there are still witches out there that were missed.
Once again everyone goes charging about looking for devils. And finding them.
At least, in this instance there is hard evidence.

"A guy I know with a wife and child ". " some one said ". " I've been afraid for 2 years ". " She may have alluded to..."
Haven't we gone thru this enough times?
Stop looking for trouble. Ask the man, or his wife. Or walk away.
Most mpney in the U.S. has traces of drugs. 1 out of 6 professional football players has had a homosexual experience. etc., etc. Jeeeze!!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
duhtree said:
I guess there are still witches out there that were missed.
Once again everyone goes charging about looking for devils. And finding them.
At least, in this instance there is hard evidence.

"A guy I know with a wife and child ". " some one said ". " I've been afraid for 2 years ". " She may have alluded to..."
Haven't we gone thru this enough times?
Stop looking for trouble. Ask the man, or his wife. Or walk away.
Most mpney in the U.S. has traces of drugs. 1 out of 6 professional football players has had a homosexual experience. etc., etc. Jeeeze!!

I suggest you back off pretty fast - the people who KNOW ME on this board know I don't go witch-hunting ..... check you quotes - I think you got mixed up with another thread.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
P.S. maybe he ate the lady that is no longer there.

Of course it,s necessary for you to feel standoffish. That's who you are.

Be careful of what? You live in a " fairly large community with very few decent people." WHY?

And that final illustration of protecting yourself, as Marco says, is beautiful.John

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
duhtree said:
P.S. maybe he ate the lady that is no longer there.

Of course it,s necessary for you to feel standoffish. That's who you are.

Be careful of what? You live in a " fairly large community with very few decent people." WHY?

And that final illustration of protecting yourself, as Marco says, is beautiful.John

Unhelpfull comments .... that's the problem with public messege boards these days, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

Thank you everyone who had something helpful to add to this thread.

Stay well,
Amy

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
amy2761 said:
Unhelpfull comments .... that's the problem with public messege boards these days, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

Thank you everyone who had something helpful to add to this thread.

Stay well,
Amy

Does that mean you would like to see it closed?

Ok, no problem. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.