USA Unemployment Benefits?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Come on...Download hide my IP, choose an IP local to the facing office, file online...You will need to have an address tho to receieve your benefits package which will include your card to withdraw your funds...Or have a relative addy, have them ship you the card..When you call in each week, ue a calling card, again for the facing office or State you are from etc...And be prepared for an interview when you don't land a job in a while..You may get notified for an unannounced unemployment meet, usually happens when your out of work for a bit too..

Matter of fact, have a local number should they need to call you and they will...Use a friend relative, your out looking for a job thingy should they call

alright I understand, If I get laid off I have to make my way home and file, hopefully this is just an exercise in fact finding and will not be neccesary thx.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Santiago,

I'd seriously advise against it. You do not want to get caught doing that, as accepting funds while out of the country/state easily and quickly becomes a federal offense (despite the fact that unemployment insurance is run by individual states).

It ain't worth the risk, man. Find another gig, or move back home to accept unemployment benefits. You can always travel, you just can't live outside of the country.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Come on...Download hide my IP, choose an IP local to the facing office, file online...You will need to have an address tho to receieve your benefits package which will include your card to withdraw your funds...Or have a relative addy, have them ship you the card..When you call in each week, ue a calling card, again for the facing office or State you are from etc...And be prepared for an interview when you don't land a job in a while..You may get notified for an unannounced unemployment meet, usually happens when your out of work for a bit too..

Matter of fact, have a local number should they need to call you and they will...Use a friend relative, your out looking for a job thingy should they call

Sounds like fraud to me.

Abusing the system makes things more difficult and costly for the majority of us who abide by the spirit of the rules.