Vaccinations for both legal residents and illegal aliens in the DR - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
If the plan is to stop the virus
you vaccinate everyone who will roll up their sleeve and hope you get enough.

Have you noticed that there are serious issues with vaccines availability for a while now? The money to buy them as well?
Do you think given that little issue, we should be giving jabs galore to everyone?
When the time comes, we can cross that bridge...

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If the plan is to stop the virus
you vaccinate everyone who will roll up their sleeve and hope you get enough.
Yep, that sounds like a plan the DR is well equipped to accomplish. We have a SOLID logistics operation in that regard.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I do not disagree with Citizens first , but i do disagree with the 'assumption' that all citizens will get the vaccine.
Somewhere in the mix i understood that 40% of population will not take the vaccine.
On the otherhand i do like the most vunerable regardless of citizenship being offered the vaccine first.
Would not look good for future Tourism if dozens of foreign tourists should by chance die of COVID19 because host RD country refused to vaccinate them. Don't you think?
I experienced the real challenge when an unruly lineup with no distancing turned into an angry mob with Police screaming. Mob screaming back pushing and shoving and seizure of cell phones videoing the event.
I talked to a Senior in the back of the line whom had #2 but could not get past the door blocking mob.
Terrible non control of people.
There was the challenge in my opinion.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I do not disagree with Citizens first , but i do disagree with the 'assumption' that all citizens will get the vaccine.
Somewhere in the mix i understood that 40% of population will not take the vaccine.
On the otherhand i do like the most vunerable regardless of citizenship being offered the vaccine first.
Would not look good for future Tourism if dozens of foreign tourists should by chance die of COVID19 because host RD country refused to vaccinate them. Don't you think?
I experienced the real challenge when an unruly lineup with no distancing turned into an angry mob with Police screaming. Mob screaming back pushing and shoving and seizure of cell phones videoing the event.
I talked to a Senior in the back of the line whom had #2 but could not get past the door blocking mob.
Terrible non control of people.
There was the challenge in my opinion.
I think that 40% number is malable somewhere down the line. I wonder how many people (including right here on DR1 ) said "I won't take that Chinese crap" have since changed their mind? These are the cards that were dealt.
As they say at the poker table "Hey dude, you in or out, we don't have all night y'know"?

Reactions: Russell

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It's all a moving target....

Yes/No to the vaccine
Which one?
When?

As for poker
Ya places your bet - Ya takes your chances

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
1) If stopping the spread of the disease is the goal, vaccinate everyone.

2) If protecting those in a certain demographic is the goal, then vaccinate them first.

The world is going with option 2, in this case people with a Cedula or a Passport above a certain age in the DR. Eventually enough people will be vaccinated that option 1 will be achieved if the vaccines are effective. The shortage of vaccines makes going directly to option 1 more difficult while at the same time makes option 2 an easier choice to make.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's all a moving target....

Yes/No to the vaccine
Which one?
When?

As for poker
Ya places your bet - Ya takes your chances
Going to be another booster vaccine in the not too distant future, speaking of a moving target.
My opinion is to get what you can today and then see what is next.

Reactions: Ken and SKY

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
I was at Punta Cana Airport today for my first vaccination. Exceptionally organized. In and out in no time. There were adults of all ages there from 20 years old and up. I am still amazed at the efficiency! It shows that "it can be done". Next shot is April 5.

Reactions: PICHARDO

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I guess if there are not many people in the age bracket in an area they go lower. No need to have vaccine that spoils.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes SKY..... as the traffic dies down , they take on the next bracket

Similarly, if the traffic is low and vaccines are at hand - next patient is accepted , regardless

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Remember the US snow storm -----
nurses running from car to car trying to give away the last doses before they went bad ?

I think RD is doing an excellent job on this

Sinovac's marketing targets the undeveloped world.....and they're doing it !!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Apparently every locale has their own rules on who can be vaccinated.
True. My brother-in-law is 65, he went to a site in Santo Domingo. They announced they had 500 vaccines to distribute. He was on line awhile and a woman approached him and asked his age. She told him he’d be on line another couple of hours, and when he reached the front they’d turn him away because he’s not 70. He went home.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I was at Punta Cana Airport today for my first vaccination. Exceptionally organized. In and out in no time. There were adults of all ages there from 20 years old and up. I am still amazed at the efficiency! It shows that "it can be done". Next shot is April 5.
Interesting we got our first shot today and our second is due on April fools day, 1st of April.

Reactions: PICHARDO

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting we got our first shot today and our second is due on April fools day, 1st of April.
The person who filled out your card seems to have misunderstood the detail of one month after the first injection. Other countries have been doing Sinovac at two week intervals, so it is probably close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades and two dose vaccine delay periods.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm at the airport now and it's a bit chaotic. A lot of people queue jumping and zero social distancing. Will update when I get out as to how long it takes

Reactions: Russell

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Just got pulled out of the line and put at the front. All done now and come back on April 6 for jab 2. Very surprised at how good the process actually is

Reactions: drisforme

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The person who filled out your card seems to have misunderstood the detail of one month after the first injection. Other countries have been doing Sinovac at two week intervals, so it is probably close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades and two dose vaccine delay periods.
They ran 2 tests - Sinovac- 14 and 30 days...... either is acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.