Vaccine card needed to use public transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not sure which one will affect you harder between these two:

1. Overstaying with a visa

or

2. The newly found it craziness with "mandatory vaccinations and proof of it?"

Whatever makes you happy .....
Neither vaccination nor overstays will affect me at all. I have a completed DR vaccine card and I am a Dominican Citizen.
So, I am "happy" for whatever that means in this case.

How about you?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'll add a new choice:

1. My COVID-19 Shot Record has the Salu Publica stamp.

That would do it!

I dare anyone to post anything official that states that a "Vaccine card is needed to use public transport" as labeled on this OP.
Did you noticed in my original post that I heard something on the radio that all riders of some type of transport needed to show proof of vaccination? Now it has been posted exactly what that transportation is. The answer to your "dare" depends entirely on if you consider CONATRA public or private transport.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is an effort, perhaps some of missed, to how shall I say it "make sure" everyone get vaccinated for CV19.
I have noticed the government actually state this in the news.

The Mayor of Santiago has stated that all people going into Public Spaces must be vaccinated. But maybe he didn't really mean it.

Now I see CONATRA requiring drivers and passengers to be vaccinated. Of course it might just be stated they want that in the news and then ignore it. And that might never happen.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Did you noticed in my original post that I heard something on the radio that all riders of some type of transport needed to show proof of vaccination? Now it has been posted exactly what that transportation is. The answer to your "dare" depends entirely on if you consider CONATRA public or private transport.

CONATRA isn't anything close to an official government outlet, is it?

Whatever they claim, state or do, it ain't official!

Neither vaccination nor overstays will affect me at all. I have a completed DR vaccine card and I am a Dominican Citizen.

How about you?

We all knew that there aren't any direct effects on you, hence the question; why does it kicks you in hihger gears to know that:

1. A person is an overstayer

2. Aperson hasn't had any COVID shots

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
There is an effort, perhaps some of missed, to how shall I say it "make sure" everyone get vaccinated for CV19.

Why should everyone get vaccinated?

I'll dare you again to post anything validated by the official government of the DR, mandating as so?

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Now I see CONATRA requiring drivers and passengers to be vaccinated. Of course it might just be stated they want that in the news and then ignore it. And that might never happen.
When those crappy public cars and guaguas see a potential passenger on a sidewalk, they abruptly turn from the left lane to the right one, breaking all traffic and common sense rules, risking to crash all cars around them, just to get another passenger and his 20 pesos (or I don't know how much they pay for that shltty ride). So now you think, after performing such a maneuver, they will ask if a person has a vaccination card, and if not, they will reject him from boarding their piece-of-shlt vehicle? Really? Come on, they will take the passenger even if he will declare that he has Ebola.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

How about you?
Funny.
The "DR vaccine card" you speak of is just a piece of paper with a few
fields of information filled in and a somewhat legible stamp.
I know several people who have received both shots and they were told
when they received their 4 x 3 inch piece of paper,
it might be a good idea to have it laminated so it will last longer.
I could already see the wear and tear on a friend's paper and she's had it
for less than a week.
If someone wanted to (not that I am encouraging people) fake one of
these "cards" it would be ridiculously easy to do.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Fake or real - when it's mandated a requirement - it's a requirement

The hollow argument that it's been faked does NOT alter the mandate

in fact - that faker is adhering to that mandate as req'd

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why should everyone get vaccinated?

I'll dare you again to post anything validated by the official government of the DR, mandating as so?
Why should everyone get vaccinated? I guess if you don't know the answer to that by now it is not worth discussing, is it?
After all, it is your decision and the chips fall where they may.

Reading the news: The DR Government wants everyone vaccinated, Cruise lines will require vaccinations. Restrictions by CONATRA, other employers requiring employees to be vaccinated, all students and faculty in Universities are required to be vaccinated, and the Senate has passed a law/regulation that essentially prevents free movement by blocking access to government buildings, shopping and more to those not vaccinated. NOTE: It has NOT been signed by President Abinader. Yet. I dare say, I have no idea if and or when that may be signed. ( In other related news: The EU is actively implementing a vaccine passport which may effect a few million people. The USA says it will never have such a passport. )

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Funny.
for less than a week.
I have little doubt that some people will create false ones.

And your point is?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Funny.
for less than a week.
This may sound stupid, but I've got my authentic "laminated" card in a ziplock sandwich bag so I can "unlaminate" it any time I want.

I'm amazed at how well it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This may sound stupid, but I've got my authentic "laminated" card in a ziplock sandwich bag so I can "unlaminate" it any time I want.

I'm amazed at how well it works.
I don't think it sounds stupid at all.
Sounds like a very common sense approach seeing how in the future you probably won't be able do live like a normal person without being able to flash one for security guards like Jose while he's working the front entrance to your local Jumbo, while chatting with his novia on WhatsApp.

I wonder who's going to train these RD$10,000 a month employees to spot fakes or prevent them from taking a small bribe so the anti vax super spreaders can pass go?

Boy....
Times are a changing indeed, would you agree?

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Fake or real - when it's mandated a requirement - it's a requirement

The hollow argument that it's been faked does NOT alter the mandate

in fact - that faker is adhering to that mandate as req'd
Well said.
It's required to show proof and I've no doubt everyone will be showing proof going forward.
A mandate is a mandate...
thta's for sure.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
When did that happen in relation to CONATRA being seen as the "Owners of the Country"?
It's happening, but slow isn't the word for it. I'd say we're still a decade away from them being tamed.

They are more manageable these days than they were years ago.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
love it! You can drink 8 bottles of beer, 4 shots of mamajuana and drive 70 mph in a school zone, but you better have a covid shot

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status
Not open for further replies.