value of a gun here in the DR

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
yes

Racer x is tongue in cheek about gun running. He simply has a very active imagination. I was thinking of selling it as we are off to the US for a time. After all of the interesting posts on here I am reconsidering the sale as it appears to be a good investment. I do believe that the DR is making an effort to reduce the number of guns here. Unfortunately they are going about it the wrong way by making it more expensive for legal owners. In time they could end up like New York where the only ones with guns are the cops and the crooks yet anyone can easily buy one in an alley. Thanks for all the input. I learned a lot.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Racer x is tongue in cheek about gun running. He simply has a very active imagination. I was thinking of selling it as we are off to the US for a time. After all of the interesting posts on here I am reconsidering the sale as it appears to be a good investment. I do believe that the DR is making an effort to reduce the number of guns here. Unfortunately they are going about it the wrong way by making it more expensive for legal owners. In time they could end up like New York where the only ones with guns are the cops and the crooks yet anyone can easily buy one in an alley. Thanks for all the input. I learned a lot.

I dont know about buying one in an alley. Thats urban folklore. Fact is most ALL of the illegal guns in NY come from other states like Virginia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Georgia, etc and they were bought legally there and transported to NY to be sold.
I dont buy that only cops should have guns crap. What makes a better person than me?

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
Thats why property taxes don't exist in this country. You pay at the border.

dead link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Take it easy

Racer x. Its true that the guns sold in NY alleys are transported from states that have less stringent gun laws. I am not saying it the correct thing only that it is going on. If a person who lives in New York City, which has the most stringent anti gun laws in the country, want to buy a gun then all he has to do is duck into the nearest alley and he will find a criminal who will sell him a gun. Its not a good thing and it is what results from a system that makes it difficult or near impossible to own a gun legally. The DR seems to want to make guns less available. By raising the price of the guns and ammunition this country thinks that there will be less guns on the street. This will not work IMHO. What is the answer? If I knew I would suggest it in the US.