Ven pa'ca vs. Ven aca

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadeeLuck11

Dec 11, 2006
What, if any, is the difference between saying ven pa'ca vs. saying ven aca?
Also, what is the meaning of...pa'que, pa'lla, pa'lante? Thanks for any help!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Ven pa'ca and ven aca is the same.

pa'que is para que - for what?
pa'lla is para alla - over there
pa'lante is para alante - forward

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
To me, ven pa' aca has a directional feel to it and not sounding like an order. A little less formal.
mkohn

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
There isn't a whole lot of difference from what I've seen. The "ven para aca" is a little less formal maybe.

Hey Chip.

Actually "ven para aca" is the formal way of saying it where "ven pa'ca" is the slang way.

Daddy_Dom

Feb 4, 2007
Ven pa'ca and ven aca is the same.

pa'que is para que - for what?
pa'lla is para alla - over there
pa'lante is para alante - forward

you are right men!.. but it is one formal and other not formal, in DR we usually cut the words for talk more confortable, Pa'lla is short form of Para alla and less formal... is the same with the others. We usually used short forms talking with friends and family, but at work you must speak right form, formal... I hope it helps.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Sometimes "ven aca" is also an expression demanding for attention and not necessarily implies a move, for example when someone is nearby and you want to start a conversation or make a question.

"Pero ven aca" is an expression of surprise, I have heard it especially when the surprise has a negative connotation.

alante is adelante. Caribbean people tend to cut syllables out of words more often than people from other regions.

Jess

Sep 19, 2005
is it also a proper way to write the language?....for example in english, it is ok to write "you are"..and "you're" they are the same.

does this also apply to spanish.....or is it only a verbal shortcut...or slang

bob

C

Chip00

is it also a proper way to write the language?....for example in english, it is ok to write "you are"..and "you're" they are the same.

does this also apply to spanish.....or is it only a verbal shortcut...or slang

bob

It is a verbal shortcut only.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
It's slang Bob. In Spanish if you say ven pa'ca in a group of well educuted people who speak properly you will be frowned upon.

My Grandmother (who never attended school) speaks proper Spanish and is always correcting me and all my cousins for speaking in slang (cutting the words).

Status
Not open for further replies.