Video about why people are moving to the North Coast

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Many years ago, a former poster published my mugshot, and another former poster wrote that I look like Rico Tubbs on crack cocaine, prompting Robert to delete said post.

If these current crop of critics could see me now, they'd abandon DR1 in a heartbeat... or possible lobby for my permanent removal.
No worries, I’m fairly certain most readers are aware that the bulk of the membership fall in the Medicare B, FBI and/or Interpol-wanted demographic. Although, I must admit, you leave quite an impression when you use “mugshot” and “crack cocaine” in your biopic

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I think Abuela might have made that up. . Just sayin'...
Only 20 years for me and I never once heard that either.
Since William Webster isn't here to defend me here goes....https://www.bocachicaplaya.com/rio_san_juan_en.html

Reactions: AlterEgo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The guy has a beard. Beards are very common even amongst the highest classes in all modern countries. I somehow doubt that the top was used to clean the floor. A bun? Not my taste but if he likes it, why not.
I don't know them, they could be a great couple but come on ! - We all have to draw the line at man buns.
Also wearing money belts, Crocs, tie-dye t-shirts after 1976, the use of the phrase bling-bling or win-win, pinky rings and anyone mentioning how cool it was to read 'Johnathan Livingston Seagull'.... oh yeah anyone playing Barry Manilow records.

Reactions: Big

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Not a day goes by where some Arkansas “influencer” couple doesn’t feel the need to impart their prowess upon the rest of the expat community in DR.
Arkansas??? Not a day goes by where a thread doesn't get waylaid by this type of negativity. #1 - they are from Canada, easy enough to find that out if you actually care. #2 - they aren't doing this for those of us already here.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I don't know them, they could be a great couple but come on ! - We all have to draw the line at man buns.
Also wearing money belts, Crocs, tie-dye t-shirts after 1976, the use of the phrase bling-bling or win-win, pinky rings and anyone mentioning how cool it was to read 'Johnathan Livingston Seagull'.... oh yeah anyone playing Barry Manilow records.
Many many Dominican men have their hair up like a bun, etc. It’s very popular. I like Barry manilow a lot he’s ok. And Lawrence Welk also.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Although, I must admit, you leave quite an impression when you use “mugshot” and “crack cocaine” in your biopic
Ain't it cool how some folks may read my feeble attempt at alliteration (current crops of critics could...), yet others may only read the social dysfunctional portion of the short sentence?

But fear not: I'm the coward of the county... a law-abiding citizen of the world. Only my development has been "arrested."

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Shh don't tell folks you listen to Manilow.
Hey I have a Tiny Tim album for sale
IMG_0198.jpeg
Kinda looks like Gaga without makeup

IMG_0199.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: chico bill

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Don't get me wrong but without having a Job or doing business there, i would die of boredom after a week.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Don't get me wrong but without having a Job or doing business there, i would die of boredom after a week.
Well, they come up with tasks and routines, you know, like yoga on the beach while their dogs run around without leashes crapping in the sand, making a list and going to Janet’s, collecting beach trash in a bucket to exchange for a free coffee and cab coffee co., writing reviews on everything surfs up bruh, you know… that sort of stuff