Visitor's Visa

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
kelly2 said:
Well, sorry this has taken so long. But I really think it is a crap shoot. I never thought that he would get it as he wasn't a great candidate, but he did. They didn't even ask for too much.

Now I have another question. He got the visa, we travelled to the US for Christmas and now he has another date in April. So my question is...

Has anyone gone through the second process to renew the visa? He had the first one for 3 months, will the next one be longer? Any experiences will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Yours is the first success story I've read on this board. I don't think the visa process is a crap-shot. As others have pointed out, I think they have a specific check list. (Although someone mentioned they might have different standards for men vs. women). I'm curios.

How much money did he have in the bank? I am assuming the money was deposited over time and not in a lump sum.
How long has he been working at his job?
How much does he earn on his job?
Does he work for a large or small corporation?
What was the exact type or formal name/number of the visa?

I realize these are very personal questions, but I think your answers may be helpful to others. If they are too personal to answer on the board, I would appreciate a private message.

Good luck on your visa renewal. Logic says that since he since he stuck by the terms of the first visa, it should be easier the second time.

kelly2

Mar 10, 2004
As I said before, he was not a good candidate. He had some money in the bank, deposited over time but they never asked to see his bank book.

He has been working for the same company for years and had a letter stating that from his boss, but his salary is not much.

So that is why I say he is lucky... however his reasons for applying were honest. He is not a risk to flee the country and really just wanted to travel for a few weeks.

I am hoping that the renewal is as easy and for longer time. Everyone says there is a good chance since he did follow all the rules.

His visa was issued for 3 months and it said that he was traveling with me.

As for applying later for a fiance or marriage... I was not trying to get around the system, but I am not someone who believes in getting married in order to get a visa. So maybe they could see that.