Voodoo Lounge in Cabarete

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
particularly good for pizza...Gaetano built his own 'horno de lena'...i.e. wood oven, and has two guys from Napoli (i think) who know what they are doing...certainly the best pizza i, and my discerning sicilian friends, have eaten in the DR :)

R23

Sep 2, 2012
is it? i will try it then. and voodoo lounge too. we have a bunch of people coming to stay in few weeks time. they will want to see places :)

Likey I said, I haven't been to Voodoo Lounge, but I'm happy to see a business where they are not over-charging like most places in Cabarete for food and drinks.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Cabarette is expensive. Everyone knows that. Places like, Kahuna, Caribian Wind, La Casita de Don Alfredo, etc...are pricy. As far as the music, THIS IS THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, LA TIERRA DEL MERENGUE Y LA BACHATA, CARAJO !!!. I don't come here to listen to HIP-HOP, eat Burger-King or drink Budweiser.

OK, you got me...I was going to reply again to your post, but then I realized you're just joking...no one could be THIS STUPID. Good one, my friend... :ninja:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i guess Caberete is not the place for "fixed income" individuals :ermm:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Another brilliant and inaccurate statement. :dead:
You write as if that's the going rate for a standard mixed drink. Since this thread is about Voodoo Lounge, how about their drink prices... nothing on their drink menu over US$4.50 except pitchers at about US$7.50. Their basic drinks are 100 pesos (US$2.50).

2wn9tl1.jpg

And happy hour, between 5 and 9, it is two mojitos, caipirinhas etc. for 150, two Cubas for 100. And Kahuna expensive? What were you drinking R23? Blue label? Have you ever been to Cabarete. Food, yes Jose Osheas is expensive, but Kahuna, Lax, Mojito Bar...just to mention a few on the beach... And happy hour, between 5 and 9, it is two mojitos, caipirinhas etc. for 150, two Cubas for 100. And Kahuna expensive? What were you drinking R23? Blue label? I assume you are a beer drinker though but I wonder if you ever been in Cabarete. Yes Jose Osheas is expensive, but Kahuna, Lax, Mojito Bar...just to mention a few... However have a tip for you. Most colmados have plastic chairs with cheap big beers where you can enjoy the traffic. I think Sosua is your taste (hmmm that is probably where you already sitting) Cheers.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Cabarette is expensive. Everyone knows that. Places like, Kahuna, Caribian Wind, La Casita de Don Alfredo, etc...are pricy. As far as the music, THIS IS THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, LA TIERRA DEL MERENGUE Y LA BACHATA, CARAJO !!!. I don't come here to listen to HIP-HOP, eat Burger-King or drink Budweiser.

Please. Please. Please. Then stay away from Cabarete.

arnold67

Aug 29, 2012
Hi, does anybody know the facebook page of Voodoo Lounge? Maybe it's my fault bc I'm a newbie but I cannot find it... I heard that Chris 'Swississippi' Harper is playing there once a week now but I wanna know which day. Thanks.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
I can't compare Cabarete to Miami Beach because I do not know Miami Beach. But I do know the DR, from one end to the other and the prices charged on the beach side of Cabarete are very expensive compared to the rest of the country, with a few exceptions- where the wealthy Dominicans hang out in the big cities, ect. Not good or bad, just the way it is. As far as the techo music, American music issue, once again, this is only played in very few places in the country- tourist towns and a few bars in the big cities where the middle- upper middle class hang out. Personally I love the fact that foreign music has not overtaken the native music of the island. Put it like this- in 99.9% of the country the only music you will hear is Merenge, Bachata and some salsa thrown in once in a while. Not just in colmados- everywhere. I visit Cabarete sometimes and enjoy it. But it has absolutely nothing to do with what the DR and its culture is all about. Ya ! K

arnold67

Aug 29, 2012
Swississippi is playing tonight BTW, I think I'm going with a friend so I might see some of you guys there. No bachata pleeeease!