Vote it.

Timex should either cool it with his editing tools and locks or have his tools taken

• Yes, I agree.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No, I do not agree.

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Rock on wit'cha toolies bro!

Tim, ole boy, keep up the good work! ...to those that don't approve, don't let the door hit you on the way out. BTW Tim 'delete' and 'close' is the way to go. :D :D :D

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Since everyone is commenting....

Tim,

I won't vote since I don't post much in your forum. However, I am a back seat observer and I definitely think you are one of the more serene moderators which I truly appreciate. You don't get too involved in the discussions nor go off on a tangent. You are extremely fair, no favortism which I think is commendable. I as well think the blue color is painful on the eyes, distracting and breaks the flow of the thread. However, this is just my opinion and feedback. You are doing a fine job!

LDG.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Lesley D said:
I won't vote since I don't post much in your forum. However, I am a back seat observer and I definitely think you are one of the more serene moderators which I truly appreciate. You don't get too involved in the discussions nor go off on a tangent. You are extremely fair, no favortism which I think is commendable. I as well think the blue color is painful on the eyes, distracting and breaks the flow of the thread. However, this is just my opinion and feedback. You are doing a fine job.
What she said. I also vote for a less distracting colour, maybe something darker.

I wish I had your patience. Maybe in another 40 years when I am your age. ;)

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
I wouldn't have said this normally, but since you asked, I've pretty much withdrawn to lurking status, due to Tim's agressive moderating style. I know that I'll no doubt envoke the wrath of the powers that be, it's a tight group. All due respect to everyone's hard work and Dolores and Robert's effort at keeping this board active and interesting, but I do feel that it's controlled a little to tightly. Adios Amigos.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Naufrago said:
I wouldn't have said this normally, but since you asked, I've pretty much withdrawn to lurking status, due to Tim's agressive moderating style. ...... but I do feel that it's controlled a little to tightly. Adios Amigos.

You cannot 'revert' to lurking status due to Timex's moderating style. Have you ever pushed the pm button and genuinely asked him why he took a decision that he took? Try it, you'll get a good and reasoned answer.

As far the control of the board.. some of us have asked Robert for a more 'open' forum some time ago and we thought of doing a subscription type thing. I'm sure this will happen when it happens. But please do not withdraw. Tim may even decide to cool it on the 'blue' after this feedback.. :nervous:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey Tim, are you really boinking ******? Sorry had to ask! LOL

There are definately times you moderate way too much. Usually when it involves my posts!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hehe

Pib said:
What she said. I also vote for a less distracting colour, maybe something darker.

Tim,

You just got called old :glasses:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Escott said:
Hey Tim, are you really boinking ******? Sorry had to ask! LOL

Actually the person that sent him that PM has long since reformed and became a better poster but unfortunately hasn't posted for a long time.
:bandit:

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Pib said:

I agree. I voted no, even though my VERY gentle post pointing out to another moderator that the word "weather" was not a conjunction expressing doubt between alternatives, got deleted. I mean, WTH?? Stan.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Interesting results

Tim, long ago, when you were a more frequent poster, I thought your contributions to the board were exceptional and informative. From my prospective, more posts and less editing would be a good thing. BTW, I wouldn't really vote to take your tools away, only to ask for a little restraint with your use of them.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
stan chapman said:
I agree. I voted no, even though my VERY gentle post pointing out to another moderator that the word "weather" was not a conjunction expressing doubt between alternatives, got deleted. I mean, WTH?? Stan.
Ah! That's because you are not yet an official member of the Grammar Gestapo.

Apply now, just send me a check for 50 USD and you'll get your membership card. :classic:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Waaappppaaa!!!!!

I Came out with 15% of the winning votes!

More importantly, I got some great feedback, the big blue is gone, heard that loud & clear.

The rest of the stuff, I will follow-up, on.

In the meantime, my sincerest Thanks To All, who Posted.
All the comments were good, I take offense to no-one.

Although, some things will change, do not expect my style, of Moderating, too.

Thanks

Tim H.:smoke:

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Pib said:
Ah! That's because you are not yet an official member of the Grammar Gestapo.

Apply now, just send me a check for 50 USD and you'll get your membership card. :classic:
Thank yew Pib, you're cheque is inn the male.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Since the poll is closed, maybe Tim should use his vote of confidence to close this thread.:)

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
No vote here

Most of the time I find Tim?s editing repulsive and repugnant. He seems to me like some type of left wing, bible totting, mister know it all, with nothing else to do than invoke his values on others.

Please do not take this as a personal attack, for with out his editing tools this forum would have a lot more garbage on it regurgitated from perverts like me.

Keep up the good work.

Chuckuindy