Voting in the primaries

R

Riva_31

When Leonel was winning, most of the electoral tables from the south were not counted in. Gonzalo started to go up as the South started to come in. Everyone and his uncle knows Gonzalo is super strong in the South. Those were the tables that came in last. You can watch the video and the map of tables counted here.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1DXxypbqXRRJM

The darker the places on the map, the fewer the tables counted. Green means fully counted.

and their numbers were very very close, if the diference with votes between Leonel and Gonzalo were bigger in favor of Leonel for sure victory will be fore Leonel, but was not like that and Leonel wasnt specting that will loose and is now con su pataleo as we says here. Thats why JCE opted for printing the votes too because they knew this was comming from the looser.

A

AlterEgo

A lot of people Mr AE knows voted for Leonel because they believe he’d be easier to beat. They belong to one of the opposition parties.

I’m assuming that if you voted in the PLD open primary, you could not also vote in the closed PRM primary???

A

AlterEgo

So the PLD is accused of openly buying votes at the polls ? Does that mean Gonzalo Castillo is no different that an Chicago Democrat politician ?

And why is votes are being "openly" bought isn't someone at these polling places available to arrest them ?

I wonder how much people are paid to vote for the PLD ? And how can they be sure that person actually votes for them ?
Who funds this "vote harvesting"

First of all, I don’t know why you singled out Gonzalo Castillo, when there were multiple PLD candidates.

Secondly, do NOT bring US politics into the regular forums.

R

Riva_31

A lot of people Mr AE knows voted for Leonel because they believe he’d be easier to beat. They belong to one of the opposition parties.

I’m assuming that if you voted in the PLD open primary, you could not also vote in the closed PRM primary???

You are right, you can only vote one time, and as PRM was closed primary only people that went few months ago to confirm their intent to be part of PRM were able to vote for PRM if clicked the PRM logo, for PLD was open so any body could vote for them including people that is part of PRM but if they did couldnt vote again for PRM candidates.

J

JDJones

I was suprised at how open the vote buying was displayed. There were numerous videos posted on Facebook of Gonzalo reps collecting cedulas in exchange for cash.

Just the videos I was able to watch showed more than 100 persons selling their cedulas. I have a friend who is a JCE rep at one of the voting stations and she said the guy buying cedulas had a long line patiently waiting.

Everyone I've spoken to said the cedula buyers were from Gonzalos camp.

Those guys are usually written off as unimportant. But as the election was moving along with the difference between Gonzalo and Leonel sometimes less than a hundred votes those cedula buyers became a lot more important.

M

Matilda

One of the interesting things about this election is a lot of people believe it was a lot more accurate with votes really counting. In previous years, long serving Senators, deputies etc did zero campaigning as they knew they would be re elected, irrespective of the number of votes they achieved. The right people just had to be paid at the right time. In these primaries, five of the current Senators for the Dominican Liberation Party (PLD) will not be taking up their positions again, having been defeated in the primaries and hence they will not be candidates in the May 2020 elections.
Sonia Mateo, Adriano Sánchez Roa, Prim Pujals, José Emeterio Hazim Frappier (Josecito Hazim) and Manuel de Jesús Guichardo are those who have been defeated. Some of them had been Senators for over 20 years, and in many cases the level of the votes they achieved was extremely low. This, as I say does give rise to some cause for hope. In the meantime the Leonel campaign screams fraud, and Leonel will speak to the nation at 10 pm. He says there was some algorithm in the system which took votes from him and gave them to Gonzalo, that votes for him were put in the 'I do not want to vote' box, that his picture moved from box 3 to box 4 on some occasions and, horror of horrors, he was not even present as a candidate in some screens. I particularly enjoyed the last one as in the elections of 2010, Mr. Matilda's name was mysteriously missed off the voting paper, during the government of Fernandez.

Matilda

C

cobraboy

A lot of hand-wringing by Fernandez people today.

Isn't there supposed to be a 20% hand recount?

M

Matilda

Yes re recount, but as they say here I think la chiva esta amarrao. The goat is tied up or, the die has been cast. I doubt anything will change.

Matilda

C

chico bill

First of all, I don’t know why you singled out Gonzalo Castillo, when there were multiple PLD candidates.

Secondly, do NOT bring US politics into the regular forums.

Well he has been reported in DR papers that he received $17 million US from Punta Catalina contract award (illegally). And one of the people reporting offers of payments when going to the polls tendered his name.
Perhaps his opponent did equal or worse, but it would be interesting if someone is investigating voter payouts.

I apologize for mentioning a corrupt locale in the US, I won't reference the US in this forum again, but this is one tactic that is common in many impoverished areas that taints voting, and a tactic historically used extensively in Mexico, Venezuela and Argentina and I think those are examples of how corruption can eventually consumes government and the people's trust in elections.

W

william webster

Voting scandals /irregularities happen in many places

Look at Quebec 1995 Referendum....

High count of spoiled ballots ( 4 to 5 x normal)
Juxtaposition of results (clerical errors)

Just wild - and the cheaters still lost

Initial results were close - like 50/50 almost
The recount showed a 70.30 victory

Nowhere near close

P

PCMike

I know it is just another so called election of representation, but judging by the amount of trash strewn around the voting area in Cortecito, most voting give 2 shytes about thier country. I watched as one well dressed guy walking to his Toyota Land Cruiser (2017 or newer...thus at least $100 grand) tossed his water bottle into the street, prior to getting into his vehicle. Hundreds of people and not a single garbage bin. Even today, the place is littered with garbage from those intelectuals who want to move the country forward. Not that they would use it anyways. It shows that lack of education comes at all social levels. I have been here now since 2005 and see litle in the way of social awareness. Just...what's in it for me...right now? Tomorrow is another day.

S

suarezj519

My uncle is a big fan of Gonzalo since he's the "sangre nueva" ??????. I didn't vote cause I'm not in DR but i just told ah it's all the same BS. Different name/party, same S***. He's just like. Ya tu sabe :lick:
Gotta sell your soul to someone I guess ??????

J

Juan Bosch

Well first was Medina not running then it's Fernandez going the same way...now hopefully Gonzalo will loose in 2020...fingers crossed...country needs new blood...

C

caribmike

My uncle is a big fan of Gonzalo since he's the "sangre nueva" ������. I didn't vote cause I'm not in DR but i just told ah it's all the same BS. Different name/party, same S***. He's just like. Ya tu sabe :lick:
Gotta sell your soul to someone I guess ������

Right, all the same...

http://www.sincortapisa.com/departa...tras-recibir-sobornos-por-parte-de-odebrecht/

more?

more:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gon.....69i57j0l4.5206j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The only thing they care for are their pockets and how to fill them.

The only thing their sopporters care for is the chance for their botella job and get money for nothing.

Disgusting - and not only the candidates.

C

chico bill

...Yes was Herbert Hoover...…...

First stated by Henry IV of France as, "I want there to be no peasant in my realm so poor that he will not have a chicken in his pot every Sunday," and later in the United States during the Hoover campaign for presidency as part of an advertisement.

B

bachata

Leonel held a press conference, where the signal kept breaking down for some strange reason. He does not accept the result, says there was an algorithm in the software which clicked in when 88% of the votes were counted. Watch this space.

Matilda

El Pataleo is permitted by JCE but this does not guaranty any change in the final results... Leonel perdio!

C

chico bill

So when will a recount be held and will it be island wide?
Seems corruption pays quite well in DR.
If I were a Dominican father I would encourage my son to become a politician. It's just a step above drug lord but they make about the same. Some even make more.

R

Riva_31

El Pataleo is permitted by JCE but this does not guaranty any change in the final results... Leonel perdio!

Right, he couldnt show yet any proof of fraud against him, he didnt make a formal complain in JCE, only talking bull**** on tv telling that every where he went a lot people came to him, and I ask myself where are the 2 millions signs that he said had? said some people went to vote and when they touched the screen inmediatly printer printed a vote, so about that I ask myself, as all party has delegates in all the electoral tables, he must have the act where states that what he said happend, but he didnt show it, what they did with that vote? because if they put it inside the urn they make it a valid vote, so to me Leonel perdió too.