Vsn Leeuwen in the DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Unbelivable that Van Leeuwen ice creams are sold in Nacional. They started to sell them rather recently. That is some good ice cream. Right now their ice cream shops are limited to very select areas in the USA. I wonder if the DR will see a Van Leeuwen ice cream shop opening soon? Right now they don’t have an ice cream shop presence outide the USA, so technically that would make the DR in their international expansion.

IMG_1780.jpeg

Reactions: Manuel01

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Carvel?

Are there any soft serve franchises in DR? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it there. Do the fast food places like McDonalds have it? Wasn’t there someone posting here about opening a soft serve place???

Either we scared him away or he came to his senses. I've seen soft serve in more than one mall but my memory escapes me.

McDonalds is the only one I know of, unless you want to count Wendy's Frosties.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Either we scared him away or he came to his senses. I've seen soft serve in more than one mall but my memory escapes me.

McDonalds is the only one I know of, unless you want to count Wendy's Frosties.
Yes, that guy wanted to put soft ice cream dispensers in the malls in SD. He never came back to update us, and I've never seen his machines.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
maybe someone should buy the rights to franchise Dairy Queen in the DR...........

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Some of the flavors Van Leeuwen has reminds me of Jeni's ice cream brand.