waiting 3 month to have internet at home ???

caro

Sep 24, 2003
It took us 6 weeks and 3 trips to POP. to get it done. They said the lost the work order twice and each time had to get in line and start over. Also when the Dsl goes down Friday night they don't seem to get around to fixing it till Monday morning.

yes but for me they don t want to give me right now I have to wait 3 month after they install my phone at home to ask us to give me internet.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
yes but for me they don t want to give me right now I have to wait 3 month after they install my phone at home to ask us to give me internet.
What if you go see them and tell them that you know some people who got their phones and the net in a couple of weeks and ask them why you are being made to wait 3 months.
It's difficult to resolve a problem, unless you know the nature of the problem.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Any neighbours nearby with DSl who would want to wifi the net over to you?

I am not really good with all the term so I don t really understand what wifi is ...sorry . but I know I have a neighbours who tell me she can ask the phone and the internet for me to install to my house and pay her each time she receive the bill but I will like to do this by my own .

but if I don t have other solution I will take her offer

caro

Sep 24, 2003
It's difficult to resolve a problem, unless you know the nature of the problem.

yes I understand that but it s difficult to have a real answer for this too when I ask us. they only repete it s like this with new customer but look planner said yesterday she have done like this and helped other too ...so I just try to understand....do you think the problem maybe because I don t have work here?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
HI there, I am quite happy to give you a hand. Just PM or email me some contact info. We can go down to Verizon and I will help you get this sorted. I know of no reason it should take this long.

Feb 7, 2007
I ordered Flash internet from VZ in Higuey. It took 10 days to get the phone line installed (that was the biggest problem) - there were no "free wires" in the area and the tech had to bring in the line and wire from another area - cost me 1500 pesos. After the line was installed, internet was up and running in 5 days. They gave it 2 weeks turnaround time after line installation, it was upa nd down (more up) during those 2 weeks, but after that time it was up straight.
So VZ took only 5 days to activate.

The line was in my ex-wife's name, but according to the sales rep it would make no difference. We just put it in her name because with her cedula we saved 2 days it would take to fax passport to Santo Domingo and get account number for me.

Also to mention, I ordered new line and internet at the same time.

The sales rep (Lucy) was very helpful in pushing the technician to make the line installation and gave me his private cell number to coordinate with him the installation (after it was determined that there were no "wires" available in the area). VZ would return the order back but she put it on hold and I resolved directly with the technician.

I am getting the internet from cable company now, because I would pay 600 pesos less for the same speed (768 kbps). Awaiting installation this week.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
do you think the problem maybe because I don t have work here?
I'm not sure, although it could be that you don't have a cedula yet.
It's all conjecture, right now, but I would say that the offer below might resolve the problem, or at the very least, allow you to find out what the real problem is.
At the same time, I imagine that Planner can explain wifi to you, in case that turns out to be an alternative.
Planner said:
HI there, I am quite happy to give you a hand. Just PM or email me some contact info. We can go down to Verizon and I will help you get this sorted. I know of no reason it should take this long.

C

Chip00

No credit history no internet

I have been here a year and solicited two different phone lines. Here in Santiago they wouldn't give me the internet or just the internet service up front. It didn't matter to them that I had a credit card and good credit in the US or that I was going to pay RD100k up front - it was for the simple fact that I had no credit history here in the DR. I had to get my sister in law to put the line in her name. Once she did that I got the phone in about three days and the internet in about two weeks. Once three bills had been paid you can take all three copies down to verizon and they will put it in you name.

Also, it depends to on how far away that they have their "device" from one's house to determine if one can have internet. In other words phone service may be available for everybody but that isn't the case for the internet service. You can check online easily to see if it is available in your area by putting in a phone # of a neighbor close by.

Therefore, I would try to find someone such as a neighbor to put the phone in their name for the time being and then pass it over to you in three months.
BTW I pay RD2200 a month w/o taxes for the high speed internet.

Good Luck

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I had to get my sister in law to put the line in her name. Once she did that I got the phone in about three days and the internet in about two weeks. Once three bills had been paid you can take all three copies down to verizon and they will put it in you name.
That may be the very best suggestion yet.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
I have been here a year and solicited two different phone lines. Here in Santiago they wouldn't give me the internet or just the internet service up front. It didn't matter to them that I had a credit card and good credit in the US or that I was going to pay RD100k up front - it was for the simple fact that I had no credit history here in the DR. I had to get my sister in law to put the line in her name. Once she did that I got the phone in about three days and the internet in about two weeks. Once three bills had been paid you can take all three copies down to verizon and they will put it in you name.

Good Luck

I go a other time today to the office and they will call me back tomorrow because the lady try it something ...... but my problem is the same as you chip00

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank planner for your offer ...I appreciate very much . I will see what happen tomorrow (friday) to see what happen and if not I will send you a PM with my phone number ....

to all of you thank you ....I give you new tomorrow or soon of what happen with that ....

caro

Sep 24, 2003
ok here the update ....

they really don t want to give me the service because I don t have local credit card ...and a job .

they tell me to ask someone to put a his name and after 3 month I could ask to put this at my name . crazy no ?

so I think I don t have other option to ask someone if he want to put this at his name first .

thank you everybody

caro

kirkland1222

Mar 9, 2005
Same thing happened with me at POP Verizon. I went in with passport and they said I would have to wait 3 months to get the internet and 10 days for the phone line. They told me to come in the next day after I spoke to a credit representative on the phone and they told that I could only get a line if I was a resident of Puerto Plata which I am not because they could not verify my credit since it is based in the U.S. The only way that I could get a line was if someone who lived in POP put the line in his/her name for three months then transferred it over to me. I did this and a technician came to the house and said that it would be impossible to install a phone line and internet since all of the physical lines were taken up by Ocean World and that I would have to wait at least six months to see if any lines were added. So, I decided to get a cell phone and buy phone cards when I needed to use it and I just use the local internet cafe.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
update

update ....sorry if I taked so many time.

I have now my phone line but for a plan for internet i will have to wait more or less 3 month because I am a new customer and I have to show that I will pay...that what they told me .

so now I could use internet at home with the internet "prepagado" with the same card for the cellular.

100 pesos give 2 hour 20 minute ....less expensive use the centro internet were is 30 pesos/hour.