Walmart in Bani

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
The article says the sale may close on Aug. 25, but no sources of info are given.......who knows until the fat lady sings.

faer

Jan 6, 2005
this is the kind of problem of such an "informal" or closed economy. As La Sirena is not listed or trades publicly, any info can turn to be right or false as long as the controller wants to disclose it or not. When listed you are obligued to release info to the market and regulators. Walmat arrived to Chile by aquiring the largest supermarket chain 4 years ago, until now the local name has been kept, and they added an small "of Walmart" legend to the main logo. To the consumer all seems to be the same, with a very "shy" or timid introduction of "Great Value" products, their generic or house brand.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hmmm...

Don't know anything about this! Honest!

Simply put there's "talk" and nothing more than that at this point in time.

Maybe some soul took a peek and saw something they should not have and mistook the "visit" for a biz deal...

I told you here (DR1 another thread) that La Sirena needs to expand a bit before any handshakes move to the ink phase...

It's not selling for the last time, but partnership of sorts...

This is the same hooplah people that didn't know what was going on during some visits back when Presidente was busy, busy, busy creating a partnership it had to deny any sale being made to eventually make public the partnership via shares and a new byway company.

La Sirena is going to be the same deal people, make no mistake about it. I told yo here (go and read) that Grupo Ramos made a back offer too sweet for Walmart to put down and walk away from. There's a gentlemen agreement, no contracts or papers, that will have La Sirena expanding all over the DR with aggressive actions for a good time.

Once the coverage is good, the partnership of equals will take place, just like Presidente did for their brands...

I won't be the first or second to know about when that deal is made, but sure as hell won't be fourth in line to get the BB...

That's why I posted as quoted above... Honest!

Hey! Stick to DR1 and you'll always hear it first here and the truth to kick!

On the other hand, Home Depot is close to moving to the DR! Lots of suits again visiting somebody new in their office...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
No wonder I can't learn Spanish, it's so confusing.

In the link to "Grupo Ramos niega rumores de supuesta venta de La Sirena"

Te reitero que nuestra empresa, Grupo Ramos, no ha sido adquirida por Walmart ni por ninguna otra cadena internacional”, expresa la ejecutiva del Grupo Ramos

Translates with Google to:

I reiterate that our company, Grupo Ramos, has been acquired by Walmart or any other international chain, "says the executive of Grupo Ramos

WTF?????????????

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well, this human translator is quick to point out that "no ha sido adquirida por Walmart" means "has not been acquired by Walmart."

Shows the perils of relying on automatic translators for both personal and professional use.

Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
Hi all. I was in Bani last june , And yes there is a big constrution going on for a a new Sirena that will include a Super market as well, the entire city is happy to have a store of this kind were they can buy a better price.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
There was a statement from Grupo Ramos on yesterday's Listin Diario denying the rumors of any sale.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Simply put there's "talk" and nothing more than that at this point in time.

Maybe some soul took a peek and saw something they should not have and mistook the "visit" for a biz deal...

I told you here (DR1 another thread) that La Sirena needs to expand a bit before any handshakes move to the ink phase...

It's not selling for the last time, but partnership of sorts...

This is the same hooplah people that didn't know what was going on during some visits back when Presidente was busy, busy, busy creating a partnership it had to deny any sale being made to eventually make public the partnership via shares and a new byway company.

La Sirena is going to be the same deal people, make no mistake about it. I told yo here (go and read) that Grupo Ramos made a back offer too sweet for Walmart to put down and walk away from. There's a gentlemen agreement, no contracts or papers, that will have La Sirena expanding all over the DR with aggressive actions for a good time.

Once the coverage is good, the partnership of equals will take place, just like Presidente did for their brands...

I won't be the first or second to know about when that deal is made, but sure as hell won't be fourth in line to get the BB...

That's why I posted as quoted above... Honest!

Hey! Stick to DR1 and you'll always hear it first here and the truth to kick!

On the other hand, Home Depot is close to moving to the DR! Lots of suits again visiting somebody new in their office...

ANyone who thinks that they are entering a partnership of equals with Walmart's has a very very big head!

Walmart's is not just another chain store, It is THE chain store.

OF course, if they just trade for Walmart stock, then they may think that they are equals in wealth

but I doubt if they are going to stay with the La Sirena signs in the long run.. branding is too important

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
ANyone who thinks that they are entering a partnership of equals with Walmart's has a very very big head!

Walmart's is not just another chain store, It is THE chain store.

OF course, if they just trade for Walmart stock, then they may think that they are equals in wealth

but I doubt if they are going to stay with the La Sirena signs in the long run.. branding is too important

It's not a partnership of both markets, but within a single DR market! Big difference! And Walmart would not be able to compete here so easy as you think with the local hypermarkets as many take it.

Just go an read up the type of partnership Presidente carried out with Ambev to understand this one a bit more as I said is gonna go down (if).

About branding? La Sirena would go to the regional markets in the Caribbean and Walmart would be name that is in all existing and coming up Sirenas...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Transcends group Ramos would have sold the siren to chain Wal-Mart
Audio

Transcends Group Ramos would have sold the siren to chain like wal-mart
Audio

It comes out Group Ramos would have sold The Siren to chain Wall-Mart

those are the results from Spanish dictionary ...

which gives the round to Chiri who said something like that.. it appears that

now, in English this is the beginning of a subordinate clause/// as in Would have sold if only they could count that high, as in would have sold if only they could figure out how to get to Arkansas // as in would have sold if only Walmart knew that they existed

so...how to make it make sense in English

grammar ticularily

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It has emerged that Grupo Ramos may have sold La Sirena to Walmart chain

It has been revealed that Grupo Ramos may have sold La Sirena to Walmart chain

Turns out that Grupo Ramos may have sold La Sirena to Walmart chain

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Transcends group Ramos would have sold the siren to chain Wal-Mart
Audio

Transcends Group Ramos would have sold the siren to chain like wal-mart
Audio

It comes out Group Ramos would have sold The Siren to chain Wall-Mart

those are the results from Spanish dictionary ...

which gives the round to Chiri who said something like that.. it appears that

now, in English this is the beginning of a subordinate clause/// as in Would have sold if only they could count that high, as in would have sold if only they could figure out how to get to Arkansas // as in would have sold if only Walmart knew that they existed

so...how to make it make sense in English

grammar ticularily

"Transcends Grupo Ramos would have sold La Sirena to Walmart chain."