Wanna move to DR.

Alee

May 7, 2010
I have now lived here for a year and during that time I have often wondered aout vineyards here...

As I live in Jarabacoa, you would assume this would be the perfect area for vineyards, when you see the mountains, the quality of the land (not too rich, and not too poor), the climate... Mind you, I'm basing my assumptions as someone who has visited plenty of vineyards in France, Italy, and Slovenia, and this way have heard a lot about wine-cultivation, but in reality my real experience is enjoying the good stuff coming out of a bottle...

After a year here, I would come to the following conclusion... for 95% of the time the weather is perfect for grape-cultivation... but I am afraid the sometimes torrential rains would damage the grapes...

But PLEASE prove me wrong, and start producing some nice Chablis here....

P.S. If you need someone to taste the stuff....:cool:

Haha. Very nice post. Thanks. Well I have my own vineyard here in Croatia. I don't produce much of a vine as I don't like it very much. :( But I just love work in it. If I get the chance to grow grapes there I will but just on a small lot. BTW have you been in vineyards in Croatia? On peninsula Pelje?ac they grow one of the best grape for vine in Europe (and I don't mean that just because i am croat). You must visit that sometimes.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
that would be nice to lived in Dominican Republic and also look the best for you...and welcome to Dominican Republic, I wish to have the same privilage to be over there.

Roshe!

Nov 30, 2008
passion.sitesell.com
hi

Get your money right. Ensure you have enough for your period of stay.

Veterans have said it ''it is nt a good experience to get broke where you don't know anyone or where you visiting for the first- time far away from home''

Remain blessed!
Roshe.

Alee

May 7, 2010
Hi again. I was looking at some post here about cost of living. I think I missed here something... feel free to add more things.

For my needs in DR (they are like here in Croatia) this is the list.

Cost of power - 2000
Cost of telephone with ADSL - 2200
Cost of household help - 5000 - this is very optional although I could hire someone for the 1st few months
Cost of water - 800
Cost of food - 5000

That adds up to 15000 pesos. That is like 330 euros which is pretty cheap (This is higher prizes on 1 thread). What have I missed? I don't need TV as I only watch football via Internet for free or in bar.

Thank you for replies.

Thank you for reply.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
cost of power is low... we average around 3000 pesos and this without ac...

cost of internet seems low... i would also estimate this at cc. 3000 dop for some decent speed...

cost of food... 5000 dop... if you stay away from the imported, delicious stuff, and do not go out to eat...

AND... in your case (and mine)... beer and wine are expensive here, compared to Croatia or Slovenia...

and no, I haven't been to Croatia's vineyards as yet, but visited plenty in Slovenia, and discovered they have delicious wines, at fantastic prices, and I imagine this will be similar in Croatia (the vineyards were close to the coast and the Croatian border)...

If you ever decide to move here, contact me, and we will meet... (you will teach me more about wine, and I will introduce you to one of the best wine-cellars in the DR, and guide you through the first months here)

Alee

May 7, 2010
sure thanks. I thought it is low too. So for all that is 20k pesos (without maid), right? I didn't left anything out that is all i needed but i consider that is very low price. So even with 1000$ 1 could live there and have everything?