Water Filter For City Water....

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Just so you're aware, the locally made "bottled water" is filtered tap water with UV and ozone added during bottling. Knowing how maintenance around the DR is normally performed, I personally don't have much faith that the bottled water companies do any better and prefer to treat my own water. Bottled water is a little like playing Russian roulette. You have no clue what's inside that bottle. I like the "Remember you're not in Kansas anymore" remark. Think about it!

Good luck in the hospital

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I read an article from the head of CAASD where he said that tap water in Santo Domingo was completely clean and drinkable, and that they give tap water to people in hospitals. I really wanted a boiling water tap which can only really work with tap water, so I bought some water testing kits to check. And surprisingly every test I did came out 100% clean (yes I tested using different kits, and in different weeks).

So then I started using water from the tap, but only to be boiled for hot drinks. And a few days later I got a horrible stomach. I'm not sure if I ate something somewhere and it was just unfortunate timing, or whether the tap water was the culprit, but it put me off and I went back to bottled water. I have heard from a lot of Dominican friends that you should only buy bottled water from big brands like Agua Cristal or Planeta Azul as the cheaper ones just bottle water from the street.

I only drink Cristal here. Have been for many years with no bad results.

cmantis

Jul 4, 2019
I tried to get a fridge without the ice/water feature but many have it so found a booster pump solution to connect to bottled.