ways to increase our money..

albertjr

Nov 23, 2012
muslim-academy.com
There are many ways to increase extra money at home but I think find areas of your spending habbits that you have now that can be trimmed down a little, like coffee every day or something....Then, cut down on spending in little areas like that, shop less, that kind of thing....It is the best method to earn extra money at home....!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I've always found that the more time I spend at work, the less time I have to spend money, thus earning and reducing spending at the same time. I spent the 1st 20 years of my adult life working at least two jobs. If I could have only gotten either of my wives to join in we would be filthy rich by now.

Sh!t happens....

JimmyGibbon

Jun 24, 2010
I really enjoy reading www.MrMoneyMustache

He is a Canadian living in Colorado who retired at 37 largely through frugality. Very interesting blog.

I also use www.Mint.com for budgeting and analysis

Seems that there are always ways to conserve and save money if you try

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I supposethere are as many ways to waste your money in the DR as there are in other countries. I have the same problem as GD- Not working, I spend money.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Si no sale no gasta. The lady says. If you don't leave the house you won't spend anything. And that is what I use at times to conserve money, just stay in the house for a day and don't even use gasoline.
Der Fish

Well, the ladies now say: "SI NO GASTA, NO SALE! (NI ENTRA)"

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Si no sale no gasta. The lady says. If you don't leave the house you won't spend anything. And that is what I use at times to conserve money, just stay in the house for a day and don't even use gasoline.
Der Fish

Not with online shopping :)

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Filthy Rich

I've always found that the more time I spend at work, the less time I have to spend money, thus earning and reducing spending at the same time. I spent the 1st 20 years of my adult life working at least two jobs. If I could have only gotten either of my wives to join in we would be filthy rich by now.

Sh!t happens....

"If I could have only gotten either of my wives to join in we would be filthy rich by now."

...famous last words of most ambitious men who never achieved what they should have ........

mate selection - probably the most critical thing in a man's life.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"If I could have only gotten either of my wives to join in we would be filthy rich by now."

...famous last words of most ambitious men who never achieved what they should have ........

mate selection - probably the most critical thing in a man's life.

It's like a box of chocolates.....

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
Der Fish

Consider always walking or cycle, possibly electric bicycle, also select food from the best of local traders - if you a patron one particular trader on a regular basis you will often get a very good deal. Use local ingredients for brewing or making soft drinks - ginger, pineapple etc. Beans are great food - cook in a pressure cooker for economy. Consider solar.
If visiting the beach, countryside etc. pack a nice picnic lunch - a thermos food jar will keep it cool or hot.
Use enonomical appliances, lights, TV, fridge or icemaker etc. Grow some food if appropriate.

yapask1