We got lots of goodies.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
cienaga, as you turn in from the road go straight down to the junction and turn left, there is one family in one shack thats the worst but there are two little turnings before you reach them that havemt recovered from Noel yet let alone Olga and there was a few children very sick down those roads in dreadful conditions and it would be fantastic to see their little faces if Papa noel rocky arrived with something for them, I can meet you at the entrance when you are ready if you wish and show you. I ran out of food and had to leave some behind with nothing it was awful to see their sadness.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
cienaga, as you turn in from the road go straight down to the junction and turn left, there is one family in one shack thats the worst but there are two little turnings before you reach them that havemt recovered from Noel yet let alone Olga and there was a few children very sick down those roads in dreadful conditions and it would be fantastic to see their little faces if Papa noel rocky arrived with something for them, I can meet you at the entrance when you are ready if you wish and show you. I ran out of food and had to leave some behind with nothing it was awful to see their sadness.
I know where you mean, but we can't go that far.
When we convoy out to the poor barrios, we're all a bit intoxicated and have to drive at 5 MPH.
We can't be having accidents, nor would we be able to spend that much time traveling on that evening.
We have several places to go to, and some are every bit as poor as La Cienega.
Thanks for the suggestion, just the same.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The countdown is on.

7 days to go for New Year's Eve, and the mood is festive.
Having this much fun, ought to be illegal.

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
can I help

If you can use some resources let me know. I'd be glad to help. Christmas is better late than never.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
If you can use some resources let me know. I'd be glad to help. Christmas is better late than never.

That would be wonderful if you and any others want to give toys to these children that wont get anything, I know there are so many and Rocky is already so very busy in other areas, they wont care if Christmas has passed, it will be something they have never had. God Bless for a peaceful Christmas, please pm me Bryan or anyone that will help, I dont want to hijack Rockys thread.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yet more goodies

Thanks to the folks who came by today and contributed.
The present pile keeps on growing everyday and we managed to get some more of those teddy bear & buggy combos that the little girls love so much.

We'll be going out on a secret run tonight, in the spirit of Christmas Eve.
I'm sure we'll have some pix later on.

ThanksgivingDR107023.jpg

ThanksgivingDR107029.jpg

BlueLodge

Dec 28, 2005
Rocky, I know you must be busy this morning. Did you make a gift run last night in spite of the rain? If so, got pics?
Don't be like the south coast party group that doesn't post pics.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky, I know you must be busy this morning. Did you make a gift run last night in spite of the rain? If so, got pics?
Don't be like the south coast party group that doesn't post pics.

We didn't get any.
We went into La Cienega as we had heard that the kids there were really in need, but it turned out that it was really difficult to find any really poor areas there, like where we go on New year's Eve.
Most of the houses were concrete and block and the kids were well dressed,
You might not call these people wealthy, but they are a lot wealthier than the ones we normally distribute presents to.
Anyhow, we managed to find a few isolated houses down some dead end alleys and passed out what we could, but even they didn't seem too impressed or surprised to get offered presents.
It wasn't what you might call a Kodak moment.
After driving around in there for what seemed like an eternity, we left and distributed the rest of the presents in some other poorer areas in the Sosua area.

I know I said that we would get pix, but we were expecting to find a barrio, decimated by the storms, with poor barefoot people, but it looked & felt more like Charamicos.
We will definitely get pix on New Year's Eve.
Of that, you can be sure.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Still wrapping? Or did y'all get a break for Xmas? :cheeky:
Still wrapping.
I think that we're going to Puerto Plata shortly for one last run to the toy store, so there will yet be more wrapping and thankfully, we have ample paper, thanks top you all.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Just dropping by... sorry to say I won't be making the New Years gift giving session as we're prolly holed up in the country-side but it is good to see the effort hasn't gone unnoticed.

Rocky as always is performing a great job, keep up the good work buddy!

MD

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
1,000 plus !!!

A gentleman has just donated 1,000 plus presents for the New Year's Eve distribution.
I can't even start to tell you how much trouble he went to, to get them here from Canada.
There's some big giant hearts out there.
(pix to follow)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
A gentleman has just donated 1,000 plus presents for the New Year's Eve distribution.
I can't even start to tell you how much trouble he went to, to get them here from Canada.
There's some big giant hearts out there.
(pix to follow)

Oh My God - that is incredible!!

Okay, now come the tears once again - thanks Rocky!!! LOL

I wish I could be doing something to help instead of just reading about it!!

Next year I am going to plan ahead so I can contribute as well - I can't wait to see the pics of the priceless looks on all the childrens faces - that is when I really cry- tears of joy and happiness that is.

Kudos to all who are involved and contributed so generously - your compassion and selflessness is overwhelming and I do hope that I can someday have the honour to meet you all.

Marlie

Status
Not open for further replies.