Weapons shown off in public places will be seized

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Thank you Mike, I knew they were official guns. Just highlighting the issue here. Many of the people, showing off, their gun are off-duty officiales, basically anybody that falls under what is called the internal and external defense forces in whatever capacity. Not only police, but also firemen and members of the judicial branches. Sometimes people have honorary or voluntary positions.

This is not limited to the usual suspects, as even I was offered an honorary position that would allow me to carry.

What I'm trying to say is that many people are allowed to carry on- and off duty and I believe that will continue to be the case for the future.

yes, of course
and there are many many private persons who have gun carriage permits, too, MANY! i don't know how many firearms the DR has registered per Capita, but i expect such number to be very high.

Mike

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
yes, of course
and there are many many private persons who have gun carriage permits, too, MANY! i don't know how many firearms the DR has registered per Capita, but i expect such number to be very high.

Mike

And u can double the number of registered firearms, for a more realistic view of the total of firearms in circulation........

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
yes, of course

Mike

Correct and many of them carry their guns inside 'forbidden' places, precisely for reasons of security.

Al lot of the non-oficiales also have guns, many business men too. They will not be taken from them.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Correct and many of them carry their guns inside 'forbidden' places, precisely for reasons of security.

Al lot of the non-oficiales also have guns, many business men too. They will not be taken from them.

A lot of private citizens too. And they wont be taken from me either.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
its handled flexibel at times. it also depends how you act.
when i stop at a car wash or enter a bank i dont leave the valuable piece in the car ( a darn gun costs more than i usually carry as cash around, lol), but i wouldnt enter the bank and place a cocked 9mm on the counter by the cashier, right?

Mike

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I was frisked at the entrance of a night club in Higuey and they wanted me to leave my gun in a small transparent locker thingy......... no way jose......

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
honestly, at nightclubs i do not bring my piece at all when i hit town to visit one, and i like it when they check the guests at the entrance and do not allow entrance with firearms.
i was more about the public places you frequent during the days, on the daily working routines etc.

Mike

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
when I bought my place down here 4 years ago.. I spent 3 months of research acquiring a firearm to be stored in the carro for long trips and one for the apartamento.. I only ended up with one fire arm and lets just say I paid allot of money for what I wanted. I never show it, or display it to any friends but UZI does it... Who would have thought you could get that here and with a permit..

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ooh yeah, they are very expensive down here, and all that moeny for used/old guns. if that didnt change lately( i am not on all points on the newest update) then since arond summer 2006 there is a import stop for firearms, hence the prices for the already in the country guns skyrocketed even more. for example a very long time ago i brought a Black Beretta FS 9mm over which costed brand new including all side costs a little over 1KUS$. a used one over here at the same time been well over 3K, and that was years before that 2006 import stop when the prices for the used guns went up again a lot.
yes, you can legally get full automatics on a private gun permit here.

Mike

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Being British, it terrifies me to think that people want to take guns into nightclubs etc.

The scary part is that after I refused to leave my gun at the entrance, I went back to the place u pay for the entrance ( to get my money back :) ) and the head bouncer came over and said " ok then, have it ure way, u can go in with it " ...........

P.S. for one I dont like nightclubs, and for seconds if I am obliged to go clubbing I wouldnt take a gun along. But we had just met a TV presentater lady we knew and she lured us into going into a club......

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Buenas noches Don Malko :)

Note to self: if you ever run into Malko in a nightclub, be extremely polite :smoke: