Wedding

vanity

Aug 5, 2004
Help!!! My Fiance And I Are Traveling To Boca Chica In October And We Have Decided To Get Married. We Need A Wedding Planner Of Some Sort. Someone Who Can Tell Us Of A Bakery And Florist. We Are Staying At The Hilton Coral Hamaca But The Prices Are Outrageous. For A Cake, Flowers, A Bottle Of Wine They Are Charging $500.00 Us. I Appreciate Any Info.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Well, ......... THRE posts exactly the same in three different forums should get you some responses - even if just to say "Please keep it to just ONE forum"!! Most of us traverse ALL the forums & see the things we are able to help on - we DON'T need to be hammered over the head to help!!

Regrettably I am not in the Boca Chica area & do not know of the supermarkets/bakers/florists down there, but I am SURE you will be able to get out of the hotel complex & find something suitable on your first day there!! Try talking to your tour rep. He/She MUST know of the local shops where you can order these few essentials for a wedding!! Failing that, chat to a waiter that speaks your language (presumably English) & pay him RD $500 to take you round the places one day!! RD $500 is 1/36th of what the hotel would be charging you!!
Bottle of decent wine .......From RD $500 approx
Decent array of flowers ....From RD $1,000 approx
Wedding cake ??????? ......From RD $800 I should think.

RD $2,300 PLUS RD $500 is RD $2,800 (US $78) < hotel charge RD $18,000!! - Grahame.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
BushBaby said:
Regrettably I am not in the Boca Chica area & do not know of the supermarkets/bakers/florists down there, but I am SURE you will be able to get out of the hotel complex & find something suitable on your first day there!!

Mediocre, really mediocre and bugger all for the three things you mention, Grahame. I would say take a taxi into the capital and get what you need there. Certainly better prices for all the above items, and if there is a florist in Boca Chica or Andres I haven't seen it. And the baker is a French guy who drives around delivering buns and baguettes, and the Supermercado are grossly overpriced.

vanity

Aug 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Mediocre, really mediocre and bugger all for the three things you mention, Grahame. I would say take a taxi into the capital and get what you need there. Certainly better prices for all the above items, and if there is a florist in Boca Chica or Andres I haven't seen it. And the baker is a French guy who drives around delivering buns and baguettes, and the Supermercado are grossly overpriced.

THANKS FOR THE TIP!!!
v

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
ricktoronto said:

That's the problem Rick, with going to these 'Camposino' type areas - No quality, No STYLE (excepting the DR1ers down there says he quickly crawing so as not to accrue 'name calling' warning points!!).

Good luck Vanity - it appears you may well get the best deal if you take a decent waiter in to help you find the right places. Maybe he (or a friend of his) has a car to take you into Santo Domingo in!! Now THAT would be an additional experience!!!! - Grahame.