Well this wasn't very well thought out. Quick break.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Beasty", "South Bean Town", ...............are you from "Southy"???
They fill their street pools there with BEER!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Dive In Paddy"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"DOG", I can't count the number of times I have "HELPED" my friends "Get OFF"!!!!
The "WAGON" that is!
They all tell their wives it was my fault!
Don't ever come visit me, unless you need a little "PUSH"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
"Beasty", "South Bean Town", ...............are you from "Southy"???
They fill their street pools there with BEER!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Dive In Paddy"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"DOG", I can't count the number of times I have "HELPED" my friends "Get OFF"!!!!
The "WAGON" that is!
They all tell their wives it was my fault!
Don't ever come visit me, unless you need a little "PUSH"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I am not a recent enough US immigrant to (english not irish), live in Southy...no I live in Canton...as in south suburbia. s'pose claiming Boston is a bit of an association that may stretch the importance of my home town. As far as the WAGON goes, traditionally we Puritans would never, never travel north to the beloved Lynn beach wall to enjoy "tall boys" of the Pabst variety with "the bloods".

alas, now I find myself a few years into monthly colmado squats with Brahma Lite (some say I've no taste), jumbo frias en el Norte of SD or the classy beachy Duarte in BC. But even in Canton we have enough Haitians and Dominicans that I bet the visual of a pool set up in the south suburbia street, and the horrified homeowners, would be enhanced even more by the gentes de isla that actually got it. But best I wait until those scant 6 days in July or August when the Mass. air is thick and hot like SD for my experiment.
Beast...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I don't know but I think I like Beastwood. Shame he lives on the wrong part of the country. Sounds like an interesting fellow, even if he is English, not Irish...

This has been an excrutiatingly quiet weekend. Thanks God, I do appreciate quiet. And the rains, and You can send more if You want.

Be safe is the motto for the weekend.

HB

Note: HB has been to Beantown a couple of times to visit a "novia" at Newton College of the Sacred Heart (no more) and then the Haavaard-Radcliff program in Business...nice place really...but now the closest he comes to that place is his new Boston Terrier, "Duffy" ...what a great name for a Boston!!! (And at the time I named him, I was not sure of his breed!)

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
so i thought i'd book a quick break today for tomorrow til sunday, but now i've come to do it i can't find anything around juan dolio orcaround this stretch, at all. I didn't figure in the easter weekend. Any ideas, tips, solutions?

if you want i can walk to the macorix hotel in san predro and see if any rooms. It is a nice hotel.i think it is a howard johnson. I got a car if you need to get to playa. ??? Just idea

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
We must have bought the same pool CC. Bought one to bring with us to the campo. Took forever to fill but at least it has kept the nieces, nephews, cousins, cousins of cousins, neighbors, etc..happy. All their happiness and fun is driving me crazy, noise wise. Thought about going to Punta Cana for the holiday but didn't want to put up with the crowds. Who would have known with the pool we brought my mother in-laws house has turned into a mini AI..She told me this morning although it was nice we brought the pool please don't bring it next time..lol

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Thanks BR but not this time.

On another educating episode, I went to get cash yesterday on our way out of dodge. No cash machines had any cash, from here all the way up to Boca Chica, this included the six machines at the airport, every one was out of cash. I thought there was something wrong with my cards, and so I even called at the Hamaca hotel in Boca, no cash either. I was concerned by the end of the search but chose to wait until today and try the same machines on our way back into dodge, luckily they had filled them up. Amazing that EVERY machine was empty, I must have tried about 15.
And the police and AMET presence on the highway was a mass, more cops than cars, seriously, the road was and is VERY quiet. I'm used to holiday propionate patrol but I can't remember it being at this level before.

but there you go, maybe I'll remember this next year and prepare a little better, I'm knackered!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Sounds like I left too soon the other day. Then again, the girls would have been grossed out by two naked old men smoking cigars in their pool.
first, you bring cccc your "salami". then you both are naked in the pool. i am scared to think what comes next!
:)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"I" would have been "Grossed Out", and one of them would have been me!
AND, no burning cigars :smoke::smoke::smoke: in "Platic Pool"!!!!!!
The "Naked" idea has potencial!!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc