Welp, it happened. Wrecked scooter rental

Stampmybook

Feb 6, 2019
Yeah I think he would be extremely mad if I did that. I would be catching a cab that cost $750 each way and would pull up directly infront of them and it's a storefront type window so he'd see it. I'm going to see if he has paypal or someway to give him a little something (more than that) extra without having to spend 30 to do it.

Instead we can leave both parties happy , give the dude a great review and tell anyone that ever brings up the subject of scooter rentals in the north coast to check him out.
You're extremely lucky. Give the man a little extra like $250.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Just remember for car rentals the credit card companies no longer cover any VAT on the repairs to the rental vehicle. We are talking 18 to 28 percent of the repair cost. For me it was about $900 out of a $4300 repair. Would have been in a world of hurt if I didn’t have the 3rd party liability. Valuable lesson on keeping ones cool and dealing with AMET in La Vega. The fiscal and lawyer the next day. And the family of the two meatheads that married the SUV looking for a big payday from the gringo..... Glad to hear the OP did the right thing and was rewarded for it..

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Yeah I think he would be extremely mad if I did that. I would be catching a cab that cost $750 each way and would pull up directly infront of them and it's a storefront type window so he'd see it. I'm going to see if he has paypal or someway to give him a little something (more than that) extra without having to spend 30 to do it.

Instead we can leave both parties happy , give the dude a great review and tell anyone that ever brings up the subject of scooter rentals in the north coast to check him out.

Starting to sound like an excuse. Just go give him a tip already.

Last edited:

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!

He is not going to be mad if you give him a tip. Thats just a ridiculous thought. $50 is a great tip for him saving your tail. You should also do the review too.