What $10 Million Luxury Masion Looks Like in Cabera

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
A beautiful property! I've given scuba lessons in the infinity pool. I've also taken Spencer and company diving at the nearby DuDu Caverns! Entering the property, one had to meet the 2 very large guard dogs first, and let them have a sniff of you, so they would not attack while you were there.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Casa Kimball as in one of Google founding software engineers Spencer Kimball.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I doubt it cost much more than 1 million to build.

I wonder if the Golden Dolphin ever sold. Last I knew it was up for auction.

Last edited:
Reactions: chicagoan14

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Casa Kimball as in one of Google founding software engineers Spencer Kimball.
Just to be clear Kimball was a contributor in software development for Google, but in no way a co-founder. He his attributed with the GNU image manipulation initiave. The villa in Orchid Bay is quite elaborate and was built as a rental/multiuse facility. He had been known in the past to fly in flanked by Russian models. I cannot confirm if he has been there in years.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
Just an observation/ Question.
The upkeep alone on these types of 10M Homes must be staggering when compared to the Total cost of other Villas, which essentially you could lock up when you leave and open back up when you return. like those in a Gated Community.
This is the part that most of us " blue collar " people don't realize with these homes , especially on a Tropical Island . its not enough to plop down the money , even if you had it .
But you need the Monthly Nut to Maintain it properly.
Guessing 500 K a year just to keep it running, Cut and Pruned , looking nice, and everything functioning properly .
The Chlorine for that Pool alone ,, Offahhh
We have all seen the Abandoned Villas . and many of those were smaller and cheaper to keep up.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Just an observation/ Question.
The upkeep alone on these types of 10M Homes must be staggering when compared to the Total cost of other Villas, which essentially you could lock up when you leave and open back up when you return. like those in a Gated Community.
This is the part that most of us " blue collar " people don't realize with these homes , especially on a Tropical Island . its not enough to plop down the money , even if you had it .
But you need the Monthly Nut to Maintain it properly.
Guessing 500 K a year just to keep it running, Cut and Pruned , looking nice, and everything functioning properly .
The Chlorine for that Pool alone ,, Offahhh
We have all seen the Abandoned Villas . and many of those were smaller and cheaper to keep up.
This brilliant financial analysis may very well be your Mona Lisa

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I know owners of a couple of villas there and they get thousands per night. At least one of them is booked solid. (the one that started the whole "villa marriage") thing.

As far as Castellamonte, Ask Mr. M. how much he was originally asking, how long was it on the market, and what did he eventually get for it.

Reactions: keepcoming