What Bank you trust more?

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
A few years back Scotia Bank was the ONLY place in town (Punta Cana/Bavaro) that would refuse to exchange Canadian dollars........Go figure.
Maybe things have changed but somehow I doubt it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have a savings account in S.C. and.I am able tranfer money on line very easy within S.C. I also like the web page to watch my account. It was easy to open my account and the staff is professional. But I am not asking a lot from my bank either, so I shouldn't have any problems
.drescape24

Transfering money --- that's what I like about these banks.

I used to go to the bank - stand in line, sit down and transfer US to DRP, then withdraw.

Now, I do it all from home - including paying any bill in the country.
Last week, I paid my Ilumel bill online - transfered DRP to their account, had the purchase picked up and delivered.
Piece o' Cake....

No muss, no fuss.

Certain things here are easy --certain are NOT.

Who was it here that posted something?
The hard things are easy, the easy things are hard.... and then something was impossible
I can't remember the quote but it was very applicable.

drescape24[/QUOTE]

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
I tried to open an account at Scotia, which is my main bank in Canada. I had to go through a lot of hoops and did not have US $ account. I went to BanReservas. They took my info including copy of passport. 2 months later I have not heard anything from them. I opened an account with BHD. That was very easy and deposited about 5K US. 2-3 weeks later I did a 16K US Dollars transfer and although it cleared my bank in 2 days it took over 3 weeks to release the funds. My funds. I am still ****ed off with them and will cancel my account as soon as I finish cashing some monthly cheques. Soooo, I think CC advice to use cheques and cash them at the Casa de cambia is great… but I have canadian cheques!… so for now i use ATM at SB.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I tried to open an account at Scotia, which is my main bank in Canada. I had to go through a lot of hoops and did not have US $ account. I went to BanReservas. They took my info including copy of passport. 2 months later I have not heard anything from them. I opened an account with BHD. That was very easy and deposited about 5K US. 2-3 weeks later I did a 16K US Dollars transfer and although it cleared my bank in 2 days it took over 3 weeks to release the funds. My funds. I am still ****ed off with them and will cancel my account as soon as I finish cashing some monthly cheques. Soooo, I think CC advice to use cheques and cash them at the Casa de cambia is great? but I have canadian cheques!? so for now i use ATM at SB.

I regularly e-transfer from my RBC account in Canada to my BHD account. The only problem is that I can only transfer
2500 $US per day. It usually takes 3 days for the money to be available. I'm not completely satisfied with the service but I've never had to wait three weeks for money. I have wired more than 10,000 dollars at one time. That took seven banking days to go through.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
A few of my clients have accounts with B Pop, others with BHD and one with Ban Reservas - they are all so/so. Some I have had no problems with other accounts can be annoying as you have to have some movement (even if it is only $5 going in or out) every couple of months.

I live in PC and got referred to Banco Caribe - fantastic bank, personal service, the same manager and her assistant over the last 5 years, if I have needed help they give it to me, and help me with other clients I have sent there. I love the personal service and I love it that there are not so many people visiting meaning the queues aren't too long. The CDs have had some really wonderful interest rates and I can do online banking. Suites my needs and I prefer them to either of the banks the OP mentioned.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
This still up to date?

BANCO CARIBE
Address: Gran Plaza Friusa, Av. Espana, B?varo
Phone: 809 552 6745/ 809 933 0500

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I just went to "Plaza Lama" and got a 32",LG, flat screen, HDTV", and a 5,000 peso deluxe wall mount for FREE!!!!!
I used the "Points" I accumulated using my "Banreservas Credit Card"!!!!
I have also got a USA Style, washing machine, and a small refrigerator in past years.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, I like "Banreservas!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC