What do you make of these figures?

Jan 17, 2009
$900 in Santiago with a lawyer highly recommended by a DR1 member (two months now since I applied for the provisional and waiting). But boy! I didn't know I would have to pay almost same fee again for the permanent residency!

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
They are extremely high and do not include the travel and communications costs incurred by an applicant from the north coast which, given the uncoordinated go-here, no-there, come-back, Dominican shuffle, can climb to enormous heights.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I have done a bit digging around since opening this thread and it seems most lawyers I have priced have upped prices by between 7.5% and 15% over the last 6 to 12 months.
Just a consideration if you have looked into older threads on costs.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
5 years ago i paid 700 dollars. come to think of it there must have been another charge later on for a permanent residency but i have deleted that event form my memory. i have a hard time keeping track of expiry dates on my documents and i always think it is best to have as little to do with dominican bureaucracy as possible.

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
Residency Fee Increase

Fabios firm was charging $1100 last November ish for stage one. Gone up considerably in a short time.

The Guzman Ariza law firm quote being posted reflects the recent (12/8/2011) raise in official fees at the Dominican Immigration Department for processing Residency Applications. Overall, official fees have increased by more than 20% at the Department.

Migraci?n tambi?n eleva tarifa de servicios - Hoy Digital