what is the name of that juice?

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Glad you found in Ms. Mathilda! I don't really like it that much, but I am glad someone really enjoys it! You should see that kids at the orphanage make their own tamarind 'juice' out of water and tamarinds in old soda bottles. They certainly love it.

Mondongo - The best Goya selection I have seen is Market Basket in Chelsea. But a Stop&Shop in Hyde Square, JP, has lots of it too. I think it depends on what part of the state you're in... lots of Latinos in the neighborhood, lots of Goya in the stores. Little Mom&Pop places have it in JP too, keep your eye out! They have good frozen food too.

Tamarind in Canada

Sobey's sometimes has a selection of tamarind and other tropical fruits. They may have some by chance but never stock a large supply. They also have passion fruit, star fruit, papaya, cherimoya, coconuts, mango's and plantain.

Description of Tamarind
Tamarind trees are tall legumes that produce a seed pod with edible, pulpy flesh. This edible pod is used primarily as a flavoring for beverages. Tamarinds have now spread throughout the Tropics, including the tropical Americas, though they are native to tropical Africa and the Indian subcontinent. The trees are also grown in the tropics as ornamentals.