What makes a decent living in DR?

calle13

May 2, 2009
As far as teaching, The Carol Morgan School in Santo Domingo is probably your best bet. They have a website that outlines the compensation.

Other school are the MC School, Notre Dame School and New Horizons.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
The foreigners I've met in the DR who're most successful financially are niche operators. Engineers who provide a specialized service local engineers can not. Scientists who provide something in terms of environmental studies that locals do not.

Nothing wrong with a simple lifestyle and perhaps if I was single again I would try it, but there's no way I could feed my family on English teacher pay, regardless of school or city.

Reactions: ExtremeR

anita29

Mar 5, 2009
DR has a healthy economy for unique business.. not going to get you millions but good income to live the DR dream..
your young ..how about to do a year at PUMM and live the DR dream....while your a student then you cna see hands on what you cna make a living out of in DR

I am actually in nursing school right now. I was just wondering how much do nurses actually make down there? would I make more working for a private clinic or hospital? and also, would my credits be recognized here in Canada if I did a year of nursing school in DR?
I also went to college for tourism. What is the pay like in that industry?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Cant quote you an excat number but nurses, as do most paramedicals, earn very little in the DR. If you are thinking anything close to what your earning potential will be in Canada, dont even go there.