what the hell is this !!!

greatmoorred

Aug 29, 2005
Quisqueya beer ! whoa..it took me about ten days to get used to drinking that stuff.
while im on. What is a good price for beer in the bars, i think it was charged about 4 dollars for a presidente, was i ripped off, or is that the going rate ?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
In a bar you don't pay for beer, you pay for atmosphere.

Rock bottom price for a beer in DR is about US$1.10 Any more than that and you are paying for "ambience" so if you are not getting it you are getting ripped off.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
greatmoorred said:
What is a good price for beer in the bars, i think it was charged about 4 dollars for a presidente, was i ripped off, or is that the going rate ?
Even if they provided air conditioning and a clean glass you were ripped off.

greatmoorred

Aug 29, 2005
ah well, i enjoyed sitting and watching the world flash by in a cloud of exhaust smoke ;)
a nice little bar on the main road in cabarette.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
greatmoorred said:
Quisqueya beer ! whoa..it took me about ten days to get used to drinking that stuff.
while im on. What is a good price for beer in the bars, i think it was charged about 4 dollars for a presidente, was i ripped off, or is that the going rate ?

Boy first the luggage guys then $4 beers, you are getting it bad around every corner in the DR.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
greatmoorred said:
ah well, i enjoyed sitting and watching the world flash by in a cloud of exhaust smoke ;)
a nice little bar on the main road in cabarette.
Cabarete.... says it all... nr1 rip off hole in the DR.
Spend your greens in Sosua next time.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Normally a "pequena" would cost around $2 or so at a bar. Anything more, better involve nudity or a beer bottle that is the size of a keg!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
When I am on a Chicken a la Braza run

I sometimes reward myself with a large Brahma or Presidente--super ice cold--and I pay RD$50 pesos. The smaller ones are like RD$35? or RD$30?

Of course I don't frequent places like Cabarete or Sosúa, since I am my own ambience:p:p:p:p

?And I NEVER pay for anything in this country in dollars....except that freakin' exit tax...

HB :D:D:D "There's one born every minute" : P. T. Barnum

swake

Oct 27, 2002
"Pay peanuts, get monkeys" - James Goldsmith

Hillbilly said:
I sometimes reward myself with a large Brahma or Presidente--super ice cold--and I pay RD$50 pesos. The smaller ones are like RD$35? or RD$30?

Hillbilly said:
Of course I don't frequent places like Cabarete or Sos?a, since I am my own ambience:p:p:p
Alas ;-) ;)