What to buy to someone who's difficult to give gifts to?

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
She's already getting photos from me and Mr. Sweden since it's only me living abroad. Your ideas are great! Thanks! I might make a "goodie bag" with hair products and a IOW for a spa treatment of her choice. And then I could do Miguel's trick too.

Now, can anyone recommend a good spa in SD? Preferably one with a website.

I'll come back with an update.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are several - I've been to Virginia Spa but there are others dotted around the place. Daisy Gran Sal?n y Spa is the most famous, and I've noticed other nice looking ones on Ave. Lope de Vega in Naco and near El Embajador Hotel in Bella Vista. The larger hotels like Jaragua also have them.

Virginia Spa - El Arte de la Belleza y la Salud

Cool - that was post no. 6000. I need to get out more... I think I'll treat myself to a spa session to celebrate. :)

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
Small victory!

My mom has agreed to let us take her out to eat at a restaurant but not to a weekend at a AI just yet :D - and I'm definitely going to make her a goodie bag with some of the ideas you gave me. Thanks a lot and I'll report back after the event.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
She did NOT want us to take her out to eat, but to take her to Los 3 ojos. Mr. Sweden and I did (since the others were at work and couldn't get the day off) but she never got down to the caves hehe. She also got some hair products and very fine chocolate from us. Next year we're booking either a table at a restaurant or a weekend trip at a resort with or without her approval hehe.