What would YOU do?

Feb 7, 2007
My question is, why the friend you were visiting didn't help you?

About 15 minutes ago to that conflict happening he went to bed, I was wrapping things up and talking some business with his wife ... I was about to leave when the whole thing happened.

... and yes the people went out to help when they heard the guy shouting with the rocks in his hands

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Oh boy, I just don't know what to say. You are dealing with a crazy man who has nothing to lose. These types are dangerous.
All I can say is if I had been hit by that man, i would have done something about it. Then again, I would not have walked over to his house to make matters worse. If he simply sped off, i would have left it at that.
AZB

Reactions: FernieBee

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I'd cut his f#$%g balls out and call it even. And if their bros try to mess with me I'd cut their balls out also.
You know, just to keep karma in balance.
There are 2 types of man, one who's takin'it the others are givin' it. Which one of you are?

TheHun

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I agree with the "Karma" thing. One day soon the tourist van owned by stone thrower might spontaneously combust, the brakes suddenly fail, the tires lose the ability to retain air, objects strike the windshield seemingly out of nowhere. The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I agree with the "Karma" thing. One day soon the tourist van owned by stone thrower might spontaneously combust, the brakes suddenly fail, the tires lose the ability to retain air, objects strike the windshield seemingly out of nowhere. The possibilities are endless.

I hereby pronounce thee "100% pure Platano Dominican"...
:cheeky:

Feb 7, 2007
I thank you all for replies.

Indeed I can have the PN colonel or at least the major to step in.

I will take the advise Robert, AZB and Pichardo gave, and have one of these officials go with me and tell the guy that what he did was not cool, can bring him trouble in the future, and he better backs off.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Look... this is what happened.

The car was parked on a street in front of my friend's house... usually cars and motos can pass fine ... round 12 comes this guy on a bigger guagua (tourist transport) - the 20 passanger van.
So he THINKS he cannot pass ... strats hitting the horn like crazy.

I tell him to calm down that I would re-park the car so he could pass. He keeps hitting the horn and starts shouting all kind of bad words, including maricon and mamagxxxx to which I replied ... "hablas de ti?" Probably that accelerated him even more, and when I started to move the car he hit the gas pedal hard and sped by my car like a crazy...you could hear the tires squeezing.

I controlled myself...but I said to myself that being that a tourist driver I will report him to the owners. So about 5 minutes later I walked down the street (5 houses) to check the tourist company name on the van and the "ficha" of that vehicle. A neighbor was in the window of a house nearby and told me not to go fight him.

I told the neighbor I was not going to find anybody that I had no intentions to escalate anything, that I will only check the car's ficha and report the guy to the company. Apparently, the guy hears this as he was still around the vehicle and started screaming that he would kill me.

I said I was not looking for trouble and for him to calm down. Now he comes approaching (I was still about 2 houses from "his" van) with two big rocks, one in each hand. I told him to calm down with my hand raised in front of me (sort of showing I had nothing on me and was not looking for trouble). And I said to him (maybe this was stupid on my part) that if he keeps on being accelerated he might get into a trouble and that i really din't want for anyone to have any problems out of that conflict.

Then he started to scream all kind of things (what he said I don't really remember) and tried to hit me with the rocks. As I was backing up, he hit me with one in the upper back, and the other fist with the other rock slightly hit my head, fortunately at that moment there were people around trying to restrain him.

The guy measured you from the distance and figured he couldn't handle you for a beating. He did the best next thing to avoid a fight he was sure to lose in his clear mind... He picked Dominican cheap weapons or equalizers...

That's fear right there... He feared you the moment he picked the rocks...

That guy will evacuate square cow cakes when he sees you along side your Matatan at his home... Be strong even in your eyes!

Don't apologize but take his instead when the warning is given!
A thug should know his pecking order! And you're to show the rank of "pecks all" to him...

Trust me! :cheeky:

Sanation

May 21, 2007
I thank you all for replies.

Indeed I can have the PN colonel or at least the major to step in.

I will take the advise Robert, AZB and Pichardo gave, and have one of these officials go with me and tell the guy that what he did was not cool, can bring him trouble in the future, and he better backs off.

Great response! If the situation was the other way around, a Dominican would not hesitate to use all the contacts he has, and would more than likely have you charged with assault.

I am a true believer in Karma, but in a situation such as this where you were assaulted, and with a rock none the less, this is too serious to walk away without pursuing. He could have killed you or even left you with severe brain damage had he struck you hard enough.

As they say, when in Rome...

Good Luck!