Whatever Happened To These DR1ers??

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
What happened to:
Caonabo
Frank12
Frank's off being Frank. I would not expect him back anytime soon although I'm definitely not speaking "for" him. I imagine one could search out the post or reasons he left DR1, unless they have been deleted. He's easy enough to find on FB if you want to ask him yourself.

I'm curious about Caonabo too. ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What happened to cobraboy? That story about him being busy filming a motorcycle trip obviously wasn't true.
Actually he is occupied with all the details that go into filming several documentaries as well as building a house. I rarely see him around town but I do see and talk to his wife more or less monthly.

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Actually he is occupied with all the details that go into filming several documentaries as well as building a house. I rarely see him around town but I do see and talk to his wife more or less monthly.
Two and a half years to build a house(?). That still doesn't answer why he's not posting. He was always a very busy guy and was one of the most prolific posters here.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
What happened to:
Caonabo
Frank12

I would be curious to know as well.
Frank blocked a bunch of people from here on his Cabarete Facebook page and left here shortly after the Controversy with Rocky Aqua blue Bar ,and the "alleged" Scam the previous owner was running on the new Buyer . I wonder if that ever got resolved .
His Stories were highly entertaining at times ,but I am guessing mostly fiction.
Hope he found Happiness retiring, and touring the DR with his Russian Wife and Daughter

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I would be curious to know as well.
Frank blocked a bunch of people from here on his Cabarete Facebook page and left here shortly after the Controversy with Rocky Aqua blue Bar ,and the "alleged" Scam the previous owner was running on the new Buyer . I wonder if that ever got resolved .
His Stories were highly entertaining at times ,but I am guessing mostly fiction.
Hope he found Happiness retiring, and touring the DR with his Russian Wife and Daughter
His stories were fiction maybe but he seemed genuine enough. I think there is a lot of fiction on dr1 lol. Some posters not there anymore because it was a made up name/persona just to post out of boredom and maybe to troll.

Aug 21, 2007
Frank is still on Facebook and he still posts pics and adventures. I think he is a great character. I have no knowledge about why he is no longer here and probably won't return, but that doesn't matter to me.

Jan 9, 2004
What happened to cobraboy? That story about him being busy filming a motorcycle trip obviously wasn't true.
Some know, but they're not talking.
Yes some of us do know.......................and his reasons were many and varied...........and it was his choice.

And your innuendo regarding filming....................to be polite............is inaccurate..............and part of the reason people stop posting.............when people who don't know.....................claim too know.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes some of us do know.......................and his reasons were many and varied...........and it was his choice.

And your innuendo regarding filming....................to be polite............is inaccurate..............and part of the reason people stop posting.............when people who don't know.....................claim too know.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
There was the documentary posted about his house project though

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Two and a half years to build a house(?). That still doesn't answer why he's not posting. He was always a very busy guy and was one of the most prolific posters here.
The house build just hit 1 year not long ago. would have been done by now except for all the rain.

Getting pretty close to being finished.

Last edited:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
There was no innuendo. He did say say he was going to film a trip, but that doesn't take two and a half years. His "many and varied reasons", whatever they are, are the reason he stopped posting.

Jan 9, 2004
There was no innuendo. He did say say he was going to film a trip, but that doesn't take two and a half years. His "many and varied reasons", whatever they are, are the reason he stopped posting.
How long it should take is irrelevant to your statement...................."him being busy filming a motorcycle trip obviously wasn't true."

You attacked someone's credibility...................with nothing more than a glib comment and most certainly without any actual knowledge............about a poster who no longer posts here..............but who still has friends here.............and who happen to know better.

Far too much of that going on and tolerated here.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
How long it should take is irrelevant to your statement...................."him being busy filming a motorcycle trip obviously wasn't true."

You attacked someone's credibility...................with nothing more than a glib comment and most certainly without any actual knowledge............about a poster who no longer posts here..............but who still has friends here.............and who happen to know better.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Get a grip. I didn't attack anybody's credibility. My question has been answered. He has many and varied reasons for not wanting to post.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
While I agree with you, and also regularly keep in touch with him, there’s that pesky free speech in play, as long as no personal attack is made.

Reactions: JD Jones