What's the price of gas this week?

Bachatadutchie

Jan 7, 2005
I might be wrong, but

DominicanScotty said:
Shell, Chevron/Texaco, Exxon/Mobil, Marathon/Speedway, and Amoco are middle eastern owned and are hereby being boycotted.

Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips, Hess and Arco are not middle eastern owned and not being boycotted.

last time I checked, Shell was still Dutch/English. And even though we have a lot of people living amongst us that are of Middle Eastern descent, both England and Holland are still in Europe.
;)

For people considering driving in Holland:
Gas prices today at USD 7,39 a gallon.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I didn't read the whole thread but it seems that gasoline price hike is solely blamed on the middle east. if that is so then lets blame everyone who is controling oil flow in the middle east. As we all know americans are controling iraqi oil at the moment. They are stealing iraqi oil and selling it without any accountability. the iraqi oil is being sold at the opec set prices. Americans government loves the price hike on the barrel because that is exactly what they are charging and keeping all the money. The prices will only increase because americans have to find a way to finance the war. The iraqi oil is one of the various financial channels to keep the war afloat. No wonder the prices of oil raised when the war went out of control from the very beginning. You are all paying for the war and iraqis are not getting a dime from their oil sales. So you want to boycott the middle eastern companies, I suggest you be fair and boycott everyone who controls the oil and prices there.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You guys are going to get this thread closed as well.

The rise in price was due to hurricane katrina and a chance for the oil companies to hike prices. That was my reason for asking whether this had any inpact on the gas prices in the DR.