WhatsApp vs Voxer

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
it doesn't mather which one is better, what mather is which ones is being used the most by the ones you like to talk to the most!

everybody is using whatsapp, and that's it! how is one thing better than the other?

* if i say something, people can read it and reply directly.

* i can send pictures, videos and (i think) files. <- maybe THIS will be something for businessman who want to transfer bigger files.

* i can send voice messages.

i think that's all i need and do, i don't know what i'm missing.

MrCT2DR

Sep 12, 2013
it doesn't mather which one is better, what mather is which ones is being used the most by the ones you like to talk to the most!

everybody is using whatsapp, and that's it! how is one thing better than the other?

* if i say something, people can read it and reply directly.

* i can send pictures, videos and (i think) files. <- maybe THIS will be something for businessman who want to transfer bigger files.

* i can send voice messages.

i think that's all i need and do, i don't know what i'm missing.

The difference is FREE phone calls through the ap!!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Calls might seem important for expats and people who travel a lot. But for normal folks calls are starting to be a nuisance. Calls must be answered. Calls require you to talk aloud. Calls can't be read later. Can't have a log of things said in a call. And many other reasons why calls might still be popular for us older guys and girls, but are slowly dissapearing as new generations take over.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Not sure why Voxer is better than Whatsapp. They both do voice so wha's the deal? Between everyone I communicate with Whatsapp is the preferred method. Voxer still hasn't made enough inroads to want me to switch. I do have both apps on my phone.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
For calling and text, Viber is the #1 free app Dominican's use. Any other app is a distant second......

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
My goodness :cheeky:, maybe I should have changed the title of this thread to .... WhatsApp vs Voxer vs Viber vs Line .........

any more to add? (guess I am still living in the dark ages cause never knew of Line or Viber)

Yes, BBM! Also has free voice on wi-fi. I hope all the iPhone/Galaxy people would ditch the WhatsApp and staring using BBM! I only use WhatsApp so i can talk to iPhone/Galaxy users, never heard of Viber.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
For calling and text, Viber is the #1 free app Dominican's use. Any other app is a distant second......

I doubt that! I never heard anyone ask for Viber! A few years back BBM Pin was the thing, you would hear guys (including me :cool: :)) all day long "mami dame tu pin!", nowadays it is "mami tu tienes WhatsApp?". Never heard Viber.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I doubt that! I never heard anyone ask for Viber! A few years back BBM Pin was the thing, you would hear guys (including me :cool: :)) all day long "mami dame tu pin!", nowadays it is "mami tu tienes WhatsApp?". Never heard Viber.

Same here. This was the first I heard of Viber. Whatsapp is what I have found to be used by the majority of the people I ineract with. Even those with a Blackberry they will have Whatsapp installed.

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013
Real time phone call, obsolete, waste of time. But dominicans specially women like it too much...

sms for text or mms for multimedia, what else you need?