When is the End of the Curfew?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
actualy the increase in crime in toursit areas DOES make sence.

Not a big hell raising partier here...nor much of a chica or chico chaser either. However...living in the NYC area when i DO go out it typicaly isnt till after midnight.

I can see how crime would increase as the tigres and the sankies and the sanketts have less time to ply their trade...so then things get desperate and therfore a spike in tourist based crime.

for me a typical day on vacation is hanging on the beach till about 5 or 6...coming home..showering up...haiving dinner around 8 or 9....then some fun with my friend...and then stepping out for a night cap around midnight. THat hardly makes me a desperate loser who can get laid...but rather someone who enjoys a bit of night life while on vacation.

To the property owners who whine about the loud night life....did you research your property before buying? same crap happens here in nyc. Yuppies move in with their kids and want to shut down neighborhoods and areas that have been sorta on the wild side for decades.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Finally this curfew crap is giving way...at least in the towns outside the capital and other larger cities. I have very reliable information that in Cotui some bars are staying open until 4:00 AM+ during the weekend like the good old times, and 2:00 AM+ during the week. It will take some time, but you can't keep a good Dominican away from his/her drinking. This decree is crap, everyone knows it doesn't deter crime and only old farts and married women whose husbands don't take them out support it.

It's a matter of time before we're back to where we should be.