When it rains...and not the wet stuff

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Interesting situation.

I have never heard of a theft in this amount not making the news.
Fabio García (the voice of Puerto Plata) from Detrás Del Rumor would be all over this and the Haitian
fella who ran off with the money would have his face plastered all over the television.

Every law enforcement agency in the country would be trying to hunt him down for
a piece of this pie. It's not unheard of for people who commit these types of crimes
to end up dead and the money never gets retrieved.

Reactions: cavok

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
So I'm talking to a Haitian friend of mine in Puerta Plata and it seems that the foreman from their job just heisted the payroll of 37 million pesos which was back wages for 150 people, including my friend's 22 days of back pay. It appears the owner/operator of the site entrusted the entire payroll to one dude and it was too much temptation for him.

I had already scheduled a trip up there this Friday to see him, his wife,and one of my grandsons but this really puts a damper on the trip. It will be interesting to see if this makes the news in PP. It's unbelievable how someone could do that. I would imagine that most of the workers are Haitian and have absolutely no recourse.

:unsure: Sounds like thats the story he told you....To prep you for the money he is going to ask you for when you arrive. No way that type of money is stolen from anyone including Hatians and it is not on the news. They would riot and hunt you down if if that many were missing $22,000 dop $326 usd.

Reactions: oldschool

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
:unsure: Sounds like thats the story he told you....To prep you for the money he is going to ask you for when you arrive. No way that type of money is stolen from anyone including Hatians and it is not on the news. They would riot and hunt you down if if that many were missing $22,000 dop $326 usd.
I hope that's not true. I've known this guy and his mom for over 15 years

Reactions: ando1991

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
You implied it, and have done so many times. Read your own words.
No No Bobby don't put words in my mouth... most of the times I'm just commenting on the post when you read something you need to comprehend it and not put your own spin on it that's a NO NO.☮️✌️