Where can I get Visa de Residencia RS if allready in Dominican Republic

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It is very expensive to get the 90 day residency visa thing if that is what you are referring to! You do not do this unless you want to start the residency process and you will end up paying for 3 months over stay at the airport anyways because kayakat wants to stay for 6 months.
DO NOT Get that kaykat!!!!!
It is no big deal at all to pay the overstay at the airport on your way back home! No one cares that you are illegal here!!!

You may be right at this point in time but with the new immigration and naturalization laws that will change in the very near future. You can take your chances but at some point they will most likely abolish overstay penalties and you will need a cedula to be able to stay in the country for more than 30 days. Ignorance is bliss.

Aquaria

Jul 20, 2013
If I do have the visa de residencia, issued in my home country, how do I do to get the permiso de residencia? I understand I have to take the papers that I got back from the Dominican consulate and go to Santo Domingo, and that I need a medical exam there. I have also heard that it is some kind of application form that I have to fill. Anybody knows where I can find that form? Anybody that has done this recently that knows where to go in Santo Domingo or a website with the information that I need?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If I do have the visa de residencia, issued in my home country, how do I do to get the permiso de residencia? I understand I have to take the papers that I got back from the Dominican consulate and go to Santo Domingo, and that I need a medical exam there. I have also heard that it is some kind of application form that I have to fill. Anybody knows where I can find that form? Anybody that has done this recently that knows where to go in Santo Domingo or a website with the information that I need?

Check out the residency thread, all ure answers are there......

Yes u need to fill in a couple of forms, but u do that at the The migracion where u will deposit all ure documents.
It is on the seafront road in SD, any taxi will know and will also know how to take u to the medical exam.
Good luck, arm urself with patience.