Where can I SAVELY give blood in Sosua?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
You can only give blood if somebody needs it. There is no blood bank in Sosua or anywhere on the North Coast.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
You can only give blood if somebody needs it. There is no blood bank in Sosua or anywhere on the North Coast.
Wife tried to give blood at the public hospital in Puerto Plata to help an acquaintance - same blood type and recipient had miscarried and was in desperate need. They refused : women not allowed to give blood in public hospitals . Only males.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Wife tried to give blood at the public hospital in Puerto Plata to help an acquaintance - same blood type and recipient had miscarried and was in desperate need. They refused : women not allowed to give blood in public hospitals . Only males.
My wife gave blood at CMC 3 yrs ago..

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
CMC = Not a Public Hospital

But irrelevant since there is no blood bank.
Correct - I DID say at public hospitals. Furthermore as Windeguy says - there is no bloodbank. Donations are solicited and donated for specific recipients.

Reactions: windeguy

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
There is a blood bank "Banco de Sangre y Hemoderivados Amor y Paz" in Puerto Plata, telephone 809-586-3915, address #62 Calle Antera Mota, very close to Centro Medico Bournigal (so they told me).