Where do you get good cheap grub?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I better open up a Jamaican resturtrant

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

i have said that a million times. there is a very special advantage to Jamaican food. you can sell a wonderful meal for plato del dia prices. you cannot get a great meal from any of these Italian and European restaurants really cheaply, but you can get a wonderful Jamaican meal with a beverage for 200 pesos, easily. it has always amazed me that people travel thousands of miles to come to the DR and have to buy Euromerican food.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hey gorgon, do you know of any Jamaican restaurants in DR? I would love to see and try out the food!
Agreed crazy how people come from all over the world to DR and go eat Euromerican food...I am always up for something new, fresh and local if possible!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hey gorgon, do you know of any Jamaican restaurants in DR? I would love to see and try out the food!
Agreed crazy how people come from all over the world to DR and go eat Euromerican food...I am always up for something new, fresh and local if possible!

a guy from Barbados just started something in Sosua right behind where La Roca used to be before it burned down. it is called Caribbean Hot Pot. it is as close to Jamaican food as you will get until my buddy opens up...

we are trying to get this lady to make roti for sale there. if you have never had roti, you have not lived.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
nothing good about Dominican food. Better to go to Jamaica or Cuba!

ha ha ha one of the best sandwiches is from a vendors cart....he feeds the late night crowd....roast pork sliced thin on a small bun with all sorts of cabbage and sauces....em em good..