Where is everyone from??

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Meredith. 22 years old. Going to school in London, Ontario, but originally from Welland. D.R. is also my home away from home, mainly Consuelo, San Cristobal, Haina, Garcia, y Arroyo Indio.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Age? Can't remember..I live in Guelph Ontario, Canada. How do I change font? I tried and it ask a question that I have no clue to. :)TestingI'm not as dumb and old as I look . I got it...hehehehehehe

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Born: Kankakee, IL (TW's favourite place, next to Streator and Cabrini Green), age 51

Raised: Southern Illinois, Santo Domingo. Cabo Rojo, Kingston Jamaica.

Now in Colorado Springs, Colorado after living in 20= cities and towns, 9 states and three countries.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Hi, I'm Rachel.
I'm a native Oregonian. I've lived in Guadalajara and Puebla, Mexico in addition to my own beautiful state.

I have recently taken up residence in Santo Domingo. I've been here about a month and a 1/2. I came here for a job.

I am happily single and will be 25 in two weeks.
(which means I'll soon be too old for AZB.. HA HA)

To all the people who have heard me complain about Santo Domingo I'd just like to say that it's growing on me.. (although we still need a city-wide "pick up the garbage" campaign -- that works)

Thanks to everyone who's helped me figure things out here... DR1 is faboo!

:lick: Rachel

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
21, born and raised in DR, lived in Denver, New York City and now Albany, NY. This summer I will be moving back to NYC to start a new job.

michelle

Apr 25, 2002
I live in Toronto , 33, married to my husband for 2 years. We have a house in Canada and one in Puerto Plata. No kids yet>>not until at least one mortgage is paid!

Michelle

Musica

Mar 19, 2002
Jackie - I live just north of Toronto. 35 years old. Originally from England (moved to Canada 14 years ago). Plan to eventually retire in DR - well, it's OK to dream!! :cool:

rbazan

Apr 5, 2002
Born in Lima, Peru. Lived in Nicaragua, Mexico, Paraguay, Guatemala and currently in Rockville, Maryland.

Wife: Indonesian
No Kids

Plan to retire in Naples, Fl or DR. Anywhere close to the ocean.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I was born and raised in Lampman, Saskatchewan, but have now lived in Calgary for almost 12 years...Sosua is where my other home is. I have been married to a Dominican for almost 2 years, and we just renewed our vows in the Church May 18 in Sask. We have Angel's 7-year-old son Angelo living with us since March 14 of this year, and our son Dominic was born December 10, 2001.

Wud, will tell all

53, retired now for 3 years, married to great lady (32 years) 3 kids all out of the nest.
Live in Ontario in the heart of the Golden Acres on the north shores of Lake Erie half way between Detroit and London.
Enjoy travelling, at least 3 times each year, DR is #1 in my heart but I must see the rest of the world, that's the reason for Cuba, Mexico and trans Atlantic cruise this year.
Really enjoy
cwmddd.gif
ing with computers and the internet.
split_spawn.gif
and like the webmaster of DR1 I detest and hate
spam3.gif

billshar

Jan 15, 2002
Born in Dorchester, MA (adjacent to Boston), raised in Quincy, MA.

I build chemical plants and power plants. We have lived in 7 states plus Belgium, Saudi Arabia and DR for the past 11 months.

Most recent US address was Kentucky.

Raised 4 children in Florida, now raising 2 of our grandchildren.

Living in Sosua right now, but there is a possibility of a transfer to SD in the future.

pascal

Jan 14, 2002
Europe is there too !

Born in Paris worked as an expat for 15 years and living in Germany for 5 years. Married with a dominicana from Moca , we have a 4 years old daughter who is tri-lingual . As we own a property yet to be finished in Montecristi , we travel twice a year to the DR aiming at living there one of these days...the sooner the better.
good luck !

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Ambiorox

Sounds like your family would know my wife's family in the hills north of SFM. Her grandmother was born in Loma de la Joya, and her father was born in La Joya (Bolo Rosario). The other half of the family is from Jaya. I know many of the Paulinos from Loma de Jaya. My wife (Marisol Rosario) does not recognize your name. Everyone knows everyone else out there. It is a very beautiful part of the country heading up and down the mountains toward Rio Boba.

Me, born and raised in and around Bloomington, IL. Spent a year in Springfield and joined the Peace Corps. Ended up in the DR for two years. Lived in Los Alcarrizos (sp?) for 3 months, Los Naranjos de Castillo for about 4 months and a year and a half in SFM. Had lots of time and the opportunity to visit many parts of the DR. NYC, Washington Heights 4 years, Ridgewood, Queens for 4 years, Sosua (managed a solar energy company) for two years or so, and Bergen County, NJ for the last 3 years. I work in Manhattan and this Cheney annoucement doesn't sit very well with me as I go through the Lincoln Tunnel every day. It's even a little uncomfortable heading into Washington Heights over the GW bridge lately.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Born in San Bernardino, California. 38 years old (WAAYYYY to old for AZB)
Lived in Orlando, Florida; Wheeling, W. Virginia; New Jersey; and Phoenix, Arizona.
Now living in Maine and have for years and years. Married with 3 kids. Nearly 18, 8, and 5.
House is on the market and when it sells, we are going to Fort Myers, Florida and then off to Dominican Republic or Costa Rica. Probably depends on where Pan Am bases first.

tex

Jun 13, 2002
Aren't there any Texans around here??

I'm 35 and have been married to my lovely wife for 7 years. We both were raised in Texas and we now have a daughter age 3. Presently we live on the beautiful tornado and wind swept plains of north Texas and our goal is to one day have a 2nd home in the DR.

The American rat race is for the birds and from what I have read...I think a small ranchito up near Jarabacoa would suit us just fine! ;)

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Hillbilly II

Born and raised in Clay County, West Virginia. Don't understand why Hillbilly claims he is from Santiago ( you scoundrel) Fess up that you were raised in a cabin on Coal River and that your Daddy worked at Belle and your uncle in South Charleston. Thank you Keith R. for admitting that you are a real hillbilly too. We may have to privately discuss whether Santiago Hillbilly gets reclassified as "Hillbilly, prone to tall tales". Well, better change the subject. Hillbilly may have a 12 guage propped by the screen door. Anyhow, overheard a co-worker a couple years back comment on her vacation to the D.R. So, being tired of St. Martin, I began mulling over a new destination and visited Santo Domingo in July 2000. Since then, I have made five more trips to the D.R., where magic can happen everyday. Long live the D.R!!

Katia

Jun 7, 2002
I'm from...

I'm from Montreal, Canada. I've been married to a Dominican man for a little over 2 years from Fantino, Cotui. DR is obviously my second home. Planning to buy a house cerca de la playa. Can't wait.

Katia