Where may I buy a stun gun/taser?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Is it legal to get it sent by whatever u call them ( ie encargopaq not to advertise ) ??????
I send one over in a suitcase years ago :D

I would take this advise with a grain of salt. It is very different to have one in a suitcase vs. mailing one to a foreign country.

Jul 28, 2014
If you lived in Sosua, there is a dude walking around selling Stun guns and switchblades, he drifts by the Checkpoint and Jolly all the time

david_

Dec 8, 2012
i like a pepper spray, i have carried one and you have to remember to be familiar with it....where is it on your person.. should be accessible, like a weapon...ready to use.. know how to use buy two of them ...try one...and remember they do have a shelf life with the aerosol power...

Good advice, also good idea to expose yourself to the fumes so you'll know what it's like and how well you'll handle it. Better to know this prior to a true encounter so you don't freak out and stop fighting over a little pain, because there's a good chance you'll get some spray back when you use it.

lone cub

Mar 1, 2013
Criminals in the capitol are like animals. Pepper spray or tazer/ stun gun won't quite cut it. If you pull out a can of pepper spray on one of these thugs, you are probably going to regret it. Your better off buying a gun and learning how to use it.
I get what you mean. I wouldnt mind having a gun purely for intimidation purposes.

lone cub

Mar 1, 2013
Is it legal to get it sent by whatever u call them ( ie encargopaq not to advertise ) ??????
I send one over in a suitcase years ago :D
I would take this advise with a grain of salt. It is very different to have one in a suitcase vs. mailing one to a foreign country.
Exactly. Mailing it from a vendor might be a problem. Maybe you got lucky and they didnt find it?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
wasp spray - does the ticket from 20 feet away; I also like hairspray and a bic lighter !!

thats nice if you are Mac giver but if you want to carry something and u aint carry go to a clock....45 or a 9.....being familiar with a cannister spray is a good idea...and as most are not military/police who go out armed everyday it gets old...you forget...
i usually relax when im with others who carry ,,, and hit myself when i relax....and not with armed citizens..

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks I'll check that out. What's the colloquial term for pepper spray?

No idea but they are not in the supermarket proper. They are after the tills where they have cigars, cigarettes and such, on the counter. ( at least in santiago, but I can imagine they have more or less the same setup in SD ).

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I ordered 2 pepper sprays (gas pimienta) from Amazon just a few months ago, shipped them with CPS without a hitch (Jet Blue doesn't permit them in suitcases). Tasers I brought down from the US in my suitcase after ordering them from Amazon but my neighbour ordered some just last week and had them shipped down without a problem either.

FOURFAN

Jan 30, 2015
I have brought 20 or more stun guns in to give to family or resell. i put them in barrels with everything else and other flashlights never had a problem. they go through customs. maybe I am just lucky.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
Get a can of red spray paint, spray across the face and eyes, do not let them see the can have it by your side, when they get close spray and pray. the paint will shut their eyes down and mark them for the police. This is advice I gave to citizens in canada as Pepper spray and Tasers and stun guns are all prohibited weapons.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Lots of pepper sprays or gels have a dye incorporated in them, to mark the "aggressors".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My understanding--from a Dominican friend--is that pepper spray is illegal. One can carry hairspray or deodorant, which elicits the same effect. But I imagine tazer/stun things are in a class all their own.

I'd talk with a lawyer. I know that the laws about carrying a pistol changed in Jan.. Concealed vs. unconcealed, and perhaps a basic proficiency test. My Dominican manager has been speaking with me about it.

The law really did not change regarding firearms. Sometimes they just "restate" the laws here in the DR. It has always been a requirement that they be carried concealed. Just like it is a requirement to wear a helmet when driving a motorcycle.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Paint Spray

Get a can of red spray paint, spray across the face and eyes, do not let them see the can have it by your side, when they get close spray and pray. the paint will shut their eyes down and mark them for the police.

Hmm, paint spray doesn't reach far, maybe just a foot or so.
An attacker should never get that close.
So, better shoot him/them and then mark them with paint..... like #1, #2, #3.... :bunny:

donP