Where to buy GPS with DR maps installed?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It's not the maps people, it's the phone's reception of the gps signal so I and the phone know where I am. My cell in a car doesn't always keep a satellite lock and when I most need to know to turn right, the map which I can see is of no use because my position on the map is gone and so are the turn by turn directions. My Garmin does not suffer from this shortcoming.

Hello. I am still speaking English am I not?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you speak English....
use that language to buy a new phone....

mine was from E-Bay...used
came with a very good list of LAX restaurants and full Asian maps.

I converted it to SD........... blissfully happy.... It too, speaks English

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Yes, agree, I gave up trying to make that point because it became clear to me the decision was made and the back and forth was an attempt to get someone else to endorse it.

It's not the maps people, it's the phone's reception of the gps signal so I and the phone know where I am. My cell in a car doesn't always keep a satellite lock and when I most need to know to turn right, the map which I can see is of no use because my position on the map is gone and so are the turn by turn directions. My Garmin does not suffer from this shortcoming.

Hello. I am still speaking English am I not?

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
I think this is where I purchased mine a few years ago. mine "talks" to me. (And doesn't get offended when I swear back at it for telling me to go down a one way street the wrong way). The translation of the description says:

"This product provides detailed road maps and points of interest for your device, so you can navigate with exact turn-by-turn to any address or intersection. You can create routes to restaurants, gas stations, lodging, attractions, etc."

You can download it as well if you don't want to deal with having it shipped.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk